Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

JimSpoor is offline Moderator

icon22.gif Man fused to chair.

While a news story I thought it may be more appropiate if posted here. Sadly, there are handful of these type of cases reported every year. So far, it is still a mystery to responders, family, and other professionals involved how they actually get to this point.

Police: Man had to be Freed From Own Home After 2 Years
    Posted Monday, March 28, 2011 ; 12:50 PM
    Updated Wednesday, March 30, 2011; 12:06 AM

Police said they found the man in deplorable conditions.

BELLAIRE, Ohio -- Police said a Bellaire man had to be removed from his home on Washington Street Sunday.
    Police said the man's skin had become attached to the fabric of the chair after he sat in it for two years

Authorities said he was sitting in his own feces and urine and maggots were visible.

Police were called in to help transfer the man to the hospital.

Authorities said they had to cut a hole in the wall to get the man out of his home.

Shockingly, two other able-bodied people lived there---another man, who had a separate bedroom, and the girlfriend of the man who was stuck in the chair. Officials say the girlfriend served food to him, since he never got up.

Bellaire Code Enforcer Jim Chase says now the tennants have been given orders to clean it or leave it.

One officer said it was the worst thing he ever responded to. And most said the worst part of all was the smell. Ironically the landlord says the man in the chair rented from her before and used to be a vital active person.

She says she checked on them periodically but lately he always sat with a blanket over him. She says she had no idea it had come to this.

Sunday morning his housemates called officials when he was unresponsive.

The 43-year-old man is currently in the hospital.

Courtesy of WTRF News
    "There is no second place winner"-- Bill Jordan

Kimble is offline Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by JimSpoor View Post
    Police said the man's skin had become attached to the fabric of the chair after he sat in it for two years

Authorities said he was sitting in his own feces and urine and maggots were visible.

...Shockingly, two other able-bodied people lived there---another man, who had a separate bedroom, and the girlfriend of the man who was stuck in the chair. Officials say the girlfriend served food to him, since he never got up.
    Not to sound smug but I believe this is why our Founding Fathers had wisdom, they created electoral colleges so that votes from individuals like these don't count the same as mine. It never ceases to amaze me how some people out there decide to (and are perfectly content with) live out lives under deplorable, inhumane conditions.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." -Edmund Burke

"Society prepares the crime; the criminal commits it." -Chinese proverb

Somewhere between a rock and a hard place
    Quote Originally Posted by JimSpoor View Post
    I think one of my son's is fused to the couch in the basement, and the Xbox controller has become an integral part of his hands. . .just saying!

I know he can get out of the couch, my size 12's make that happen. ..
    That is the law. . . according to the rules.

WOW! And you said there are other cases like such? Just WOW!

FedAgent is offline Sergeant

xbox/couch

IAmNetworking, So what's happened is the xbox controller has become metacarpalized into a digit. Time to amputate!
    Stay safe!

FedAgent