Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Thread: Fashion Star

papimike is offline The kindest moderator

Fashion Star

Just some big kudos to my girl (just a friend) Orly Shani as she works her way through the tv show "Fashion Star". She's worked as a bartender while doing her fashion designs for years. The shows were taped months ago, but due to non disclosure rules she can't tell the outcome of the final show. However on the first show (last night) Sak's 5th Ave picked one of her items to sell at their stores. Kudos!!

JimSpoor is offline Moderator
    That's great but can she help YOUR fashion sense? Or worse yet MINE? I still think that GQ means mustering at assigned duty stations.
    In all seriousness, she earns my KUDOS as well. It is always great to hear someone acheiving their aspirations. This type of recognition is what helps keep the dream alive.
    "There is no second place winner"-- Bill Jordan

Haha! I do need major help w my fashions sense. I'm a t-shirt and jeans guy in a what they call cosmopolitan city. And I also agree with you, I'm not a hater like some guys and gals we know. I love seeing others achieve their dreams, no matter how big or small. This girl has been a friend of mine for several years. I've watched her bartend for years, taking all of the typical man abuse from fellas as a good looking bartender, so she can make extra bucks and pursue her design dreams behind the scenes. Elle McPherson hosts the show - I'll Pm you with my Elle McPherson story from back in 1991. - I also got something 'back' in the mail - That Speaker of the House challenge coin. It's still yours if you want it. The Speaker gave it to me after a protection detail, but I just don't collect them and will lose it.

Big Sexy is offline Chief
    Quote Originally Posted by papimike View Post
    That Speaker of the House challenge coin. It's still yours if you want it. The Speaker gave it to me after a protection detail, but I just don't collect them and will lose it.
    So, Papi. How can a brutha get a NYPD coin or two?
    It is better to be feared than loved, if you cannot be both. - Niccolo Machiavelli

Most people respect the badge, everybody respects the gun.

I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. - Colonel Jessup

I'd love to say I can get some for ya for free - but they are generally $10 bucks a piece. The ones I have seen and have access to are from our Emergency Service Units and Intelligence Bureau, and some 9/11 related coins. I've probably seen about 15 different ones from my job. Let me know brother.

JimSpoor is offline Moderator
    I'll gladly jump on the SOTH coin if you are willing to part with it. As for NYPD coins, the next time your guys come around taking orders put me down for two. I might even pony up the bucks.
    "There is no second place winner"-- Bill Jordan

Big Sexy is offline Chief
    Papi,

PM being sent.
    It is better to be feared than loved, if you cannot be both. - Niccolo Machiavelli

Most people respect the badge, everybody respects the gun.

I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. - Colonel Jessup

Haha! JS, the coin was/is yours. I guess PM me and let's get the logistics together. And I guess I'll be making a trip to a few units to see what they have and how much they are selling the coins for. I'll take pics of each to send you you guys, so you can pick.