Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16
  1. #1
    lauderdalehawk4's Avatar
    lauderdalehawk4 is offline Lieutenant
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Fort Lauderdale
    Posts
    801

    Survivor - Former Special Agent!

    Alright I know someone besides me is watching the new season of Survivor and caught that guy Phillip yelling how he is a former special agent. Whats the real deal with this guy? Is he a nut job claiming to be a FLEO or was he in fact an agent?
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"

  2. #2
    esflea's Avatar
    esflea is offline Sergeant
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    West of Ireland
    Posts
    540
    Something just isn't "right" there with this guy.

    I would dare say that if most of us were appearing on Survivor or Big Brother or The Bachelor [ok, maybe only BigSexy is worthy of being on the Bachelor], the last thing we'd want anyone to know is that we're LE, whether active or retired. Other players would have to view you as a threat. This guy, though, seems to be coming off as a joke.
    ESFLEA
    Life is what happens while you're planning other things.

  3. #3
    lauderdalehawk4's Avatar
    lauderdalehawk4 is offline Lieutenant
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Fort Lauderdale
    Posts
    801
    Quote Originally Posted by esflea View Post
    Something just isn't "right" there with this guy.

    I would dare say that if most of us were appearing on Survivor or Big Brother or The Bachelor [ok, maybe only BigSexy is worthy of being on the Bachelor], the last thing we'd want anyone to know is that we're LE, whether active or retired. Other players would have to view you as a threat. This guy, though, seems to be coming off as a joke.
    I agree, usually it's the military and law enforcement types that are voted off right away. I remember a few years ago a guy named Hunter who was either a Navy or Air Force pilot. He had tried to teach them how to build a proper fire and shelter. I think he was either first of second off because he was a threat.

    This guy just comes off like he is a few eggs short of a dozen.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"

  4. #4
    g6445v is offline Lieutenant
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Just down the road....
    Posts
    656
    Quote Originally Posted by lauderdalehawk4 View Post
    Alright I know someone besides me is watching the new season of Survivor and caught that guy Phillip yelling how he is a former special agent. Whats the real deal with this guy? Is he a nut job claiming to be a FLEO or was he in fact an agent?
    I haven't seen Survivor since the 1st season...today, I was running a range in which we invited non-LE personnel for their situational awareness regarding what we do...so, a driver comes up to me and says "Sir, you look just like the Special Agent guy in Survivor"...I smiled continued doing what I was doing, as was puzzled about What The F..... this guy was talking about...Now, I understand what he was talking about...

  5. #5
    Can't Commit is offline Lieutenant
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    In counseling...
    Posts
    907
    Quote Originally Posted by g6445v View Post
    "Sir, you look just like the Special Agent guy in Survivor"...I smiled continued doing what I was doing, as was puzzled about What The F..... this guy was talking about...
    I didn't know you are...bald...CC
    "Every hero becomes a bore at last." Ralph Waldo Emerson

  6. #6
    GeneralSnus is offline Cadet
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    16
    According to his LinkedIn page, he worked for Defense Investigative Service, the forerunner to DSS. Not a LEO.

    http://www.linkedin.com/in/phillipsheppard

  7. #7
    Kimble's Avatar
    Kimble is offline Captain
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    1,449
    Quote Originally Posted by GeneralSnus View Post
    According to his LinkedIn page, he worked for Defense Investigative Service, the forerunner to DSS. Not a LEO.

    http://www.linkedin.com/in/phillipsheppard
    Gen. Snus is spot-on about Defense Investigative Service/Defense Security Service. Their special agents are background investigators, not 1811/LEO/federal agents. Similar to OPM's civil service BI's, who also have the job title special agent.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." -Edmund Burke

    "Society prepares the crime; the criminal commits it." -Chinese proverb

  8. #8
    g6445v is offline Lieutenant
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Just down the road....
    Posts
    656
    Quote Originally Posted by Can't Commit View Post
    I didn't know you are...bald...CC
    I don't know what you are talking about...let me tell you I am very lean, full head of hair and very attractive....

  9. #9
    Can't Commit is offline Lieutenant
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    In counseling...
    Posts
    907
    Quote Originally Posted by g6445v View Post
    I don't know what you are talking about...let me tell you I am very lean, full head of hair and very attractive....
    Careful...I'm a massage away from switching teams...CC
    "Every hero becomes a bore at last." Ralph Waldo Emerson

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Posts
    1,967
    Uhm, guess they don't fact check or something. He called himself a 'federal agent', among several other things, last night...
    Beware the man of one book. ~ St. Thomas Aquinas

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Somewhere between a rock and a hard place
    Posts
    1,945
    A few seasons back on Survivor, there was a FBI agent, I think it was the Vanuatu season (why I know that, I can't tell you). . .but he was booted early in the Season. He was in great shape, smart all of which probably got him kicked off. The guy in question this year, seems more like a wack job to me.
    That is the law. . . according to the rules.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Somewhere between a rock and a hard place
    Posts
    1,945
    Quote Originally Posted by g6445v View Post
    I don't know what you are talking about...let me tell you I am very lean, full head of hair and very attractive....
    you forgot to add in modest. . .
    That is the law. . . according to the rules.

  13. #13
    nsedet's Avatar
    nsedet is offline Moderator
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    7,151
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimble View Post
    Gen. Snus is spot-on about Defense Investigative Service/Defense Security Service. Their special agents are background investigators, not 1811/LEO/federal agents. Similar to OPM's civil service BI's, who also have the job title special agent.
    Just a minor point of clarification...DSS traditionally credentials a variety of positions and job series as Special Agents, including counterintelligence officers, intel analysts and security specialists. None of them are law enforcement, but some do conduct inquiries and perform other duties beyond the background arena. For that matter, DSS doesn't even have the background investigations mission anymore since it was transferred, along with the 1810 investigators, to OPM a few years back.

    None of which makes this guy any less crazy, BTW.

  14. #14
    nsedet's Avatar
    nsedet is offline Moderator
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    7,151
    Quote Originally Posted by Time Traveller View Post
    A few seasons back on Survivor, there was a FBI agent, I think it was the Vanuatu season (why I know that, I can't tell you). . .but he was booted early in the Season. He was in great shape, smart all of which probably got him kicked off. The guy in question this year, seems more like a wack job to me.
    As I recall, it was his tendency to issue press releases taking credit for winning challenges that did him in

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Somewhere between a rock and a hard place
    Posts
    1,945
    Quote Originally Posted by nsedet View Post
    As I recall, it was his tendency to issue press releases taking credit for winning challenges that did him in
    Har. . har. . .har. .de. . .har. . har!

    Everyone's a comedian!
    That is the law. . . according to the rules.


 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •