Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    CJR1515 Guest

NYPD Exam Results

How long does it take to recieve your results from the NYPD exam? How long would processing take for people taking exam #4022 this weekend (i.e. earliest academy date)? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

H. Schoolboy is offline Captain
    I was under the impression that the earliest was Jan. '06. Is there even a class after this coming July before next Jan.? I was planning to head to NYC this weekend to take it, but I have a wedding to go to. I know my priorities, but my wife seems to think they are better spent with her so I can watch the kid. LOL.

Does anyone know where or when NYPD tests outside of NYC? I know they had a test at Temple Univeristy in Philly. Is this a regular occurance?
    Last edited by H. Schoolboy; 06-16-2005 at 08:38.

DrBurton is offline Rookie
    You'll probably get a letter to start your investigation before you even get your score. They are really slow in getting the scores mailed out. With a good score (list number) you could be in the january class. You're going to have to give up between 6-10 days at your current job for you investigation and physical agility requirements. Do it all as soon as possible. As soon as they give you an investigator, call her/him and make an appt. You can even do yourself a favor and have official sealed copies of your college transcripts mailed to you now, don't open them. You'll also need copies of your S.S. card, high school diploma, tax returns for the last few years.

Good luck

zipmedic is offline Rookie
    I took exam #4009 in February. I have heard NOTHING from NYPD, although DCAS just recently made the exam key final on their web site. The e-mails and letters I'd gotten from NYPD prior to the exam said if we did well enough on the exam, we could be in the July academy. ...I'm assuming that was just hooey, right?

-z

NYPDjock is offline Officer
    I haven't heard anything either! My list number is 58XX from #4009. Hopefully, we'll hear something, ANYTHING, soon!

My list number is 62XX, which is weird. I scored a 97 according to the proposed and now the final exam keys for #4009. I doubt 6200 people scored 98 or higher. Oh well. I spoke to someone at the Retention Unit today and they said they'll be sending out final list numbers for our group "...hopefully next month," and they'll start processing people in our bracket sometime in September or October.

-z

Hmm, I don't know what wacky method they have for figuring those list numbers out. I got an 88 and wound up with a lower list number than you. I was told that we'd hear something around August.

Hopefully, there will be enough time to use the Quest program and still be golden for the Jan. '06 class. If not, I will process without using the Quest and make between 5-10 trips to NY for processing. Either way, I want to be in the Jan. '06 no matter how I have to do it.

July and list number

Your list number is probably going to change and you probably won't even realize it until they say,"that's not your number." Don't forget that points are given out for things like residency so it's technically possible to score above 100. If you didn't hear anything yet, I doubt that you'll make the July class. We're hearing the hire date is July 11. Get your crap together now so you'll be ready for Jan. Good luck.

I have all my crap together now. I was hoping to make the July class since that's what NYPD was saying. "Take the Feb. test and start in July.". Oh well, it will give me more time to find a roommate, an apartment and get in tip-top shape!

Good things come to those who wait.

ESU_truck Guest
    WOW..lol i pwned all of you..

i got in the 3600's...and i was notified of my results lllooooonnnggg time ago...wierd tho cus it also came with a letter that said u have to come to a meet with an inestigator to document u being in college already and the creidts u got and all that BS....i didnt go.. i am 18..i still got some kinks to work out in my life be4 i head out to PD.

edit: wow! u can be hired as fast as july 11? good god thats quick! it took my bro 5 years to get hired by the FDNY
    Last edited by ESU_truck; 06-17-2005 at 08:20.

Quote Originally Posted by NYPDjock
    I have all my crap together now. I was hoping to make the July class since that's what NYPD was saying. "Take the Feb. test and start in July.". Oh well, it will give me more time to find a roommate, an apartment and get in tip-top shape!

Don't sweat it. I was supposed to be in last July's class but got passed over because I was on an "education hold". I didn't have a high enough GPA. I took a CLEP exam and bang I'm in. It gave me some time to put away a few extra bucks and get the rest of my life together. Enjoy this summer and enjoy the holidays this Christmas season. Spend time with your family and friends. It'll be a long time before you get off for July 4, Christmas and New Year's Eve.

I'm staying positive! Thanks for the encouragement Dr. Burton!

NYPDvs.FDNY Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ESU_truck
    edit: wow! u can be hired as fast as july 11? good god thats quick! it took my bro 5 years to get hired by the FDNY

I took the FDNY written test in 2002 and the physical test in 2003 and I'm still on the waiting list since , as for the Nypd I took the test June 2004 and now i'll be in the July 2005 class soon. Meanwhile I'm still on hold for the FDNY and they haven't made contact so they just expect you to wait 5 years i guess. So there is a big difference in the wait.
    Last edited by NYPDvs.FDNY; 07-07-2005 at 16:51.

I got my "notice of result" from #4009 yesterday. It didn't say to take any actions so I'm assuming they will contact me for further processing? What do people usually do when they receive this notice?

I got mine. Suffice it to say, my final list number was way higher than the 6300-something I had as the preliminary one. :-P

-z

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast