Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Spicoli29 Guest

ATF Polygraph Complete

Well....I hate to make the other St. Paul applicants jealous but, I have basically completed everything. Got the medical clearance letter yesterday....background investigator came out to my work yesterday also. He said that my investigation was given to him "priority." He also said that he would be able to finish my background pretty quickly. So hopefully that is a good sign.

Completed the polygraph today...was not as bad of an experience as I had envisioned. The agent was extremely professional (no different from everyone else that I have met in the ATF). Of course, he couldn't tell me wether or not I passed ( I hope I did, because they got only the truth out of me) but he did say at the end, "you didn't do too bad." So I really don't know how to take that. Did I do good or did he think that I was lying, just not...too bad? I guess I'll just have to wait for the results.

Anyway...just thought I'd give everybody an update. Seems like the ATF is moving along with hiring pretty rapidly. I have to admit...I am extremely excited about the speed of the process for me so far.

Good Luck,
    Spicoli
    Last edited by Spicoli29; 07-20-2004 at 21:09.

FedsOnly is offline Sergeant
    Spicoli,

That's great news! Congratulations on getting this far. I, too, was impressed with the ATF process while going through it. By far, more "user friendly" than some of the other agencies I'd processed with.

I'd put my money on you passing the polygraph based on your experience. Keep us posted and good luck.

wannaBatf is offline Rookie
    Spicoli29,

I too was thrilled at the speed of my hiring process. Like you I was completed before most of the others in my group...I was so excited to be finished with the ATF hiring process in Sept. 2003, but then I had to wait, and wait, and wait some more, until 8 months later when they finally called. So, congrats on finishing your process early, I am sure it is a weight lifted from your shoulders, just keep in mind that there are still a bunch of people from the Balt/DC TEA waiting for offers, so just sit tight, your day will come.
    "The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of the dream." (Eleanor Roosevelt)

Spicoli29 Guest
    Thanks....Yah, I don't want to sound like I am getting ahead of myself...without a doubt I have a long long wait ahead. Nonetheless, "the call," actually seems like a real possibility now...and I have to admit it is a great feeling.

Spicoli

jiunn Guest

icon33.gif Moving along at a steady pace...

For me the pace seems to be moving along in a steady manner--with purpose. Got done with my medical a little over one week ago and just completed my drug test today. Still waiting for BI and polygraph to start... Hope I move just as fast as Spicoli and others... However, at this point I am wondering if faster necessarily means better. I would rather just experience the moment and take each step as a victory--because I now how things can change very quickly...

Best of luck to the others as well...

Spicoli29 Guest
    jiunn...I have done the same as you...take one step at a time and realize the victory. Then I go about my business like I'm not even in the process (like so many on this forum have recomended). All in all, this has worked for me, but there are times when I pull my hair out (I'm sure everyone can relate).

Take Care and Good Luck,
    Spicoli

UncleSugar is offline Moderator
    I'm glad things are speeding along for you. Maybe you will get lucky and beat the 18+ month time frame that seems to be typical. Good on you!

However, as happy as I am for you, this post has forced me to move up to 20000 times a day for my mantra. (%@#*!^$ FedEx) "A watched pot never boilsl. A watched pot . . . "
    "What we need are critical lovers of America - patriots who express their faith in their country by working to improve it." - Hubert Humphrey

Geez some of you are moving right along from the St. Paul group. I just returned home from work and found the FedEx sticker on the window of the apartment saying that I have something in the office. It is almost cruel to make me wait overnight to find out if this is the ATF package or just a package of dumb DVD+r. Tested in St. Paul and had my interview in St. Paul in April. Good luck to all of us still hanging in there.

Bjorn

KentuckyBlues Guest
    Hopefully for you Olympic Cop, it is THE Fedex package. Meanwhile, UncleSugar and me will continue cussing you and others like Spicoli. Just messing with yall. I'm glad that yall are moving along quite quickly, hopefully it's the sign of the times whenever I receive my Fedex package. Gotta get back to harrassing/stalking the Fedex guy.

mfr Guest
    sounds good. looks like you'll be at GLYNCO in no time.

mizzou80 is offline Sergeant
    Congrats Spicoli! They seem keenly interested in bringing you onboard. I'm about a month and a half behind you...hopefully my poly and BI will keep pace with yours. Do you have any other hooks out there for other 1811 spots? If so, where does ATF rank among your preferences (and why)?

Darn it! Stupid FedEx false alarm! It was just a package that I have been waiting for. Back to watching the window for another FedEx sticker. Oh well, what's another couple of days, weeks, months?

Bjorn

Spicoli29 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by mizzou80
    Congrats Spicoli! They seem keenly interested in bringing you onboard. I'm about a month and a half behind you...hopefully my poly and BI will keep pace with yours. Do you have any other hooks out there for other 1811 spots? If so, where does ATF rank among your preferences (and why)?

mizzou80....I have a few "hooks," but the ATF is without a doubt number one on my list. The reason is my interests and background. In a nutshell, the ATF is a perfect fit for me (former military policeman and a current firefighter/HAZMAT Technician). Ultimately, the ATF best fits my skills and interests, not to mention the fact that I have heard so many great things about the organization and how they operate. Everything I have heard has been confirmed time and time again throughout the hiring process, and only makes me want to work for them that much more.

Spicoli
    Last edited by Spicoli29; 07-21-2004 at 19:14.