Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Cbpo

ATF SAC is offline The Moderate Moderator
    To misquote Samuel Goldwyn, "A verbal promise isn't worth the paper it's written on." Also maybe a misstatement on your part, but you say you were told that you could decline an offer for any of the three choices you made and continue in the process (presumably for one of the other two). Since you were not offered any of your three choices, technically the "promise" does not apply.

You have a tough decision to make, but unless the hiring unit is feeling charitable, you have no "rights" here.
    ret.

bs3873 Guest

CBP Testing

Does anyone "in the know," know about how often CBP gives thier tests? I realize one registration period just closed. I would like the take the test for CBP.

Are you asking about the CBPO exam or the BP Agent exam?

bs3873 Guest
    I mean the CBPO testing.

permags7 is offline Rookie

got the call

got the call. start the 19th. Port of Seattle.

JRJunior2021 is offline Rookie
    Nice, permags, how long ago did you recieve your 60DL...I am finished with the whole process just waiting for everything to clear.
    An Eye For An Eye Makes Us All Blind. ~ GHANDI

bs3873 Guest
    Without giving away the test, how was the test for CBP? How were the interviews?

The test was fairly straight forward. I found the math portion to be the hardest. As long as you read and review the practice packet you should be alright. For some reason when I took the test for CBP as well as the BP, some people didn't even know what the test consisted of. As far as the interview, I took the Video Based Test which was simple as well, you just have to respond to scenarios. You are put in a room with television and a camera facing you, then their is about 8 scenarios which you have to respond to how you would normally respond if that situation was actually occuring. I am not the best actor in the world and I felt a little wierd talking to a television, but all in all it was easy.

balance257 is offline Cadet
    permags7

Congrats on "the call". If you dont mind what was your score on the written test?

Anyone else care to share your score on the written test please post it. I scored an 86 and was wondering if I scored high enough to continue on to the VBT.

Thankx

bs3873 Guest
    Junior: Are you talking about scenarios like law enforcement scenarios? Kind of like a FATS machine without the guns? If I am asking for too much info. (test comprimise), then don't answer.

permags7 is offline Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by balance257 View Post
    permags7

Congrats on "the call". If you dont mind what was your score on the written test?

Anyone else care to share your score on the written test please post it. I scored an 86 and was wondering if I scored high enough to continue on to the VBT.

Thankx
    For all, my time line:

Test May 06
    TO end of June?
    Physical Abilities test JUNE
    Paperwork August.
    NOTE: The following items were waived - VBT, physical, urinalysis. I had recently completed them for the ICE agent position (not the vbt, but I did an interview, so I guess they felt it was close enough to the same thing.)
    QuALS: OCTOBER (GS-7)
    BI FEB (never did a BI interview, but again, I am a current ICE employee with TS clearance, 3 year old BI)

All completed and in in T/S the next week. Got a call last Friday but, of course, didn't have my phone with me so had to wait till Monday to take the offer.

Scored a 96 or so on the test, plus veterans pref.

Washington State was the only location I selected. Got my choice of locations - it seems that there are openings in every location within the state.

I have heard that the test cutoff varies from location to location. IE - if you pick a location with high demand (SW border) then you will get selected with a lower score then if you pick a location with a low demand. in other words, each applicant is in competition with the others from his or her location only for positions. That is what I was told, anyway.

As far as the written goes, I would also say pretty straight forward but the math is challenging. Not algebra really but a lot of 'story problems'

Quote Originally Posted by bs3873 View Post
    Junior: Are you talking about scenarios like law enforcement scenarios? Kind of like a FATS machine without the guns? If I am asking for too much info. (test comprimise), then don't answer.
    Well in the scenarios you are put in a situation where you are an officer and a situation is set up so that you can respond, mainly using common sense and life experience. No knowledge of actual policies and laws are required. Anything that you do need to know which is job related they will define for you.

bs3873 Guest
    Unfortunatly I can't claim veterans status for a CBP test. I was in the National Guard for 6 years. I was active several times during that period but it doesn't count towards vet status. I even have an Expeditionary Medal but it doesn't count. Sucks. Here in Jersey, I have veterans status for their civil service tests.

FedRich is offline Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by bs3873 View Post
    I even have an Expeditionary Medal but it doesn't count.

How does that not give you 5 points Veteran's Preference?

bs3873 Guest
    I used a questionaire website that someone posted on here that tells you if you have vet status or not for the feds. I checked that I did have an Expeditionary Medal and it said I still do not qualitfy. My active duty time was Basic Training, MP school, 50 days in Saudi (1999), and 20 months active due to 9/11. I was also in the Afghanistan region for about 6 months. Anyone here know if I definitly can get vet preference for the feds?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast