Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: NCIS Hiring 2013

Curious315 is offline Cadet

NCIS Hiring 2013

I wanted to know if anyone could help me understand the NCIS Hiring Process and what to expect from the Interviews. I am also curious if there is a written examination or Physical Fitness test. I have not seen them listed in some of the previously posted threads and forums.

Any help or direction is greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Curious315

JpAdct is offline Cadet
    Do you have it from a credible source that they are hiring? Their website is not showing openings at this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Curious315 View Post
    I wanted to know if anyone could help me understand the NCIS Hiring Process and what to expect from the Interviews. I am also curious if there is a written examination or Physical Fitness test. I have not seen them listed in some of the previously posted threads and forums.

Thank you in advance.

Curious315

o2force is offline Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by JpAdct View Post
    Do you have it from a credible source that they are hiring? Their website is not showing openings at this time.
    There was a very quiet announcement a few months back; it didn't even make it to USAjobs.

jeaglera is offline Cadet
    Announcement as in future hiring announced or a small, quiet announcement to send in resumes outside of USA Jobs. Just wondering if this is something to keep my eyes on

o2force is offline Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by jeaglera View Post
    Announcement as in future hiring announced or a small, quiet announcement to send in resumes outside of USA Jobs. Just wondering if this is something to keep my eyes on
    As in, you and many others already missed the boat. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Quote Originally Posted by o2force View Post
    As in, you and many others already missed the boat. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.
    If someone is currently in the hiring process, there was an announcement out back in May for 1811 positions.

Just looking for advice.

Thank you

zulu is offline Cadet
    Quote Originally Posted by Curious315 View Post

Thank you in advance.

Curious315
    Hey Curious-

I applied to the recent announcement but have not heard a peep... not even confirmation that the app was received. Mind sharing your timeline so far?

Zulu,
    My friend submitted their application last summer at a LE convention. Then they didnt hear anything until this past June, when NCIS asked if they were still interested, and to fill out some paperwork. Now they have an interview scheduled.

Not sure if that helps, all of my information is pretty much second hand.

windycitycop is offline Cadet
    There shouldn't be any written testing that I am aware of. Usually the process is a panel interview, medical screening/drug test, background investigation(can take awhile depending on if you have moved frequently, esp. OCONUS), then wait to see if you make the hiring pool. Once in the hiring pool they can call you at anytime when they need to fill seats in a fletc class. I havent heard anything on any upcoming announcements. There was talk of starting a polygraph after the background investigation, not sure if its a done deal though. Feel free to PM me with any questions.

GMen is offline Cadet
    Quote Originally Posted by windycitycop View Post
    There shouldn't be any written testing that I am aware of. Usually the process is a panel interview, medical screening/drug test, background investigation(can take awhile depending on if you have moved frequently, esp. OCONUS), then wait to see if you make the hiring pool. Once in the hiring pool they can call you at anytime when they need to fill seats in a fletc class. I havent heard anything on any upcoming announcements. There was talk of starting a polygraph after the background investigation, not sure if its a done deal though. Feel free to PM me with any questions.
    got 'the call' last year....had to put it off for a number of reasons. was put in the hiring pool for the past year, then got another call a few weeks ago to start FLETC next month. still mulling it over as NCIS is not my first choice. However, at this point Im thinking if this is my 'in' to 1811, I may want to do the move. Long story short, I think my story is the exception rather than the rule. Currently active duty and I'm feeling some guilt that our last deployment being later this year, I'd obviously have to miss. My CDR gave me the 'ok' however, my stomach kind of turned asking him about it

anywho....some serious thinking to do this weekend
    ga12 likes this.

whatchagot is offline Officer
    Good luck. I've been there. Sent you a PM

windycitycop is offline Cadet
    Calls went out last week for a class to start in mid-Sept '13 anyone get called?

GMen is offline Cadet
    yes...17 SEP....waiting for my first duty station info. That will be the deciding factor for the wife and i.

cschr011 is offline Cadet
    So it seems that they are going through those already in the hiring pool for the next class. Has anyone who is waiting on initial calls (from applying in May 2013) heard anything yet? I have not heard a peep since I applied in May, not even a confirmation of application processing. If anyone has any insight to what is happening from the May period I, and I am sure a few others, would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks in advance! And congratulations to those who have made it to the point of getting called for the next class!

Sent you a PM...thank you

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast