Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Predator Guest

Notice of Results

I have recieved a "notice of results" from OPM and i have some questions.
    what do the following stand for?
    TP
    NV
    XP

I applied for the same possition in several locations. why would my score be different for each location? it is still the same job right?

There is a line that says:
    Spec code:

Spec Title:
    NONE

Grade:

Rating:

What does this mean and how does it relate to the next page in my Notice of Results that gives me any thing from 91.0 to 101.0 for various locaitons? Do these numbers coraspond?

Finally, what is the max score? i have over 100 on some so its not a %. Please give me an idea what an agverage or high score is.

This is the first notice i have gotten for any federal job and i would realy like to know what it all means.
    Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Predator; 02-22-2005 at 19:28.

LongTermGoal is offline Lieutenant
    Quote Originally Posted by Predator
    I have recieved a "notice of results" from OPM and i have some questions.
    what do the following stand for?
    TP
    NV
    XP

I applied for the same possition in several locations. why would my score be different for each location? it is still the same job right?

There is a line that says:
    Spec code:

Spec Title:
    NONE

Grade:

Rating:

What does this mean and how does it relate to the next page in my Notice of Results that gives me any thing from 91.0 to 101.0 for various locaitons? Do these numbers coraspond?

Finally, what is the max score? i have over 100 on some so its not a %. Please give me an idea what an agverage or high score is.

This is the first notice i have gotten for any federal job and i would realy like to know what it all means.
    Thanks in advance.
    91.0 - 101.0 are the cutoff scores needed to be referred to the hiring authority for those regions. I believe that you have 1 score and it is the same for all regions you applied. I'm not sure what the max score is as I have not gotten a chance to look at my results first hand yet. From what you posted, I do not believe you have been passed on to the next step in the hiring process. There will be other announcements and unless you are close to 36/37, you should have nothing to worry about.

Predator Guest
    Hey thanks
    That is a bummer but I applied on line and didn’t realize I had to mail a paper copy of my college transcripts get the outstanding academic achievement status. So that one was my fault and the scores should be higher when I get the application right.

What does NV, TP, and XP next to the minimum score for a location mean?

retroman is offline Rookie
    you can score a maximum of 100 on the test, but if you have military it would be added on top so in theory you cold score 110 with a 10 point military preference................hope this helps.

LongTermGoal is offline Lieutenant
    Quote Originally Posted by Predator
    Hey thanks
    That is a bummer but I applied on line and didn’t realize I had to mail a paper copy of my college transcripts get the outstanding academic achievement status. So that one was my fault and the scores should be higher when I get the application right.

What does NV, TP, and XP next to the minimum score for a location mean?

From what I have figured out from re-reading my results a few times, NV relates to non status, no vet preference applicants. TP and XP have to do with some sort of preference, one being transitional employees and the other veterans. Hopefully someone wiser than myself will set the record straight, like a post I read the other day, "all this does is make me a more competitive applicant next time around", especially since by then my CPA & CFE will be all done. Good Luck.

Quasi_Fed Guest

I'm in the same boat...HHS OIG

I too rec'd a NOTICE of RESULTS, although I rec'd a 99 and the min. cut off for the region I applied to was TP 98. Does that mean I have been referred? I have (5) points veterans preference.