Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast
    jspsher Guest

US MARSHAL Update

Dear Friends,

I got an e-mail from a lady from headquarters and things are looking really good. I will be heading to the academy in June.

Almost there, I am still waiting for a final update from Ranger Richard and how the graduation is down there.

Is anyone going through the process under Operation Shining Star IV? If you have any questions, there are good people on this board that will be happy to answer any questions that you may have.

Quick question for all of you. I know it's in the early stages at this point. I hard that the U.S. Marshal Services requested 8 "082" class for the next fiscal year and also 4 "CITP" classes. I don't want to look too deep into it, but can anyone here speculate on what it means and if the Marshals will get the money for it?

Jasper W.

Jeff Gibboni Guest

Update

Jasper:

Haven't spoken to you in awhile, I think your PM box is full. I called HQ today to find out the result of the Review Board. She hasn't got back to me yet. Maybe I'll send an e-mail. I guess you got the nod. Congratulations. Hope I'll be right there with you in June.

When you get a chance, shoot me an e-mail. I've been talking to Richard and he is well on his way in the Service.

Jeff

FedRich is offline Moderator

CI School

The rumor is that the 4 CI classes have been funded for next FY. These classes are to be filled by 082s only. The selection process is unknown but is speculated to go by either seniority (time in service) or by original 1811 conditional offers of employment. The last part means those 082s who were originally on the 1811 hire list from the old DUSM/TEA test, or participants in Shining Star I and II. These are the people who were originally offered conditional employment letters as 1811s but took 082 positions.

What this means for the Service is unknown. We have lost approx. 120 operational employees since Jan 02 and will continue to lose an expected total rumored between 300 - 800. Most people who have left have gone to the other Marshals Service, usually to a significant increase in salary. Not just 082s or DEOs but senior and supervisory 1811s as well. Basically, your guess is as good as mine when it comes to the future of America's Star.

Det311 Guest

Re: CI School

Originally posted by FedRich
    Most people who have left have gone to the other Marshals Service

Just curious what the "other Marshal's Service" is?

Det311

Eyekon Guest

Re: CI School

Originally posted by FedRich
    Most people who have left have gone to the other Marshals Service, usually to a significant increase in salary.
    What is the OTHER MARSHALS SERVICE?

HurstOlds Guest
    I think he's talking about the Federal Air Marshal program.

Olds out

jspsher Guest
    Dear Jeff,

Can you PM me your e-mail address again. My address is mysticstarkiller@aol.com

Jasper

FedRich is offline Moderator

The other Marshals Service

Yes, it means the Federal Air Marshal Program. If you look at the SAC and ASAC TSA job announcements, they say Federal Air Marshals Service.

jspsher Guest
    Dear Friends,

I am not familiar with the operational/organizational structure of the US Marshal Service but losing 300-800 people like the gentleman stated in the previous post, seems quite a bit to me.

As for the CITP, I am glad the Marshal Service is heading into that particular direction. It sends a clear signal to the potential applicant in that the service has a potential for personal growth.
    Like I told Jeff and Ranger, I frankly don't mind doing court duties or other jobs because I can handle the monotonous and tedious jobs. Jeff and myself have done it in the military and it will be no difference. We will just keep a positive attitude and do the best job that we can.

I want to offer a hand of applause to our board collegue and friend Ranger Richard who just graduated from the US Marshal academy in FLETC, GA.

Jasper W.

Ranger Richard Guest
    Jasper,
    Just recently got back online after move- still getting sitauted but I am having a blast and the variety of duties are great. I got lucky in getting to NM and many of my friends are stuck doing only court or cell block. Getting a great legal education by sitting in court rooms too! Congrats on June I know it will be great to here you and Jeff's progress. Wouldnt change this job for anything at this point!!! Take care!
    Richard

jspsher Guest
    Dear Richard,

Tell us about your duties, your supervisor, and basically your first week at your duty station. Details, details. Hey bro, can you e-mail me your # to me at mysticstarkiller@aol.com

Jasper W.

That is one thing alot of people don't realize. Sitting in court can be boring as hell, but you learn more about the legal system and what not do as a LEO, better than most people.

It is an untouchable learning experience.

SWMARSHL1 Guest
    to ranger and all future 082 deputies:

just some quick words of wisdom
    make your own opinion on the job. keep a positive attitude. There is a lot of senior deputies out there who will try to bring you down by trashing there office and how terrible the service is. hang around the deputies who you think you could learn from.
    I graduated last October from the Academy and am now in the southwest border. (lots of court!) but I have been able to go on the street and work on some warrants. Offer your assistance to the "warrant guys". Alot of them want to hit a house at 6:00am and cant find an 1811 who will be up that early. Thats more O/T for you!
    good luck fellas and jspsher:
    "front lean and rest"!! you'll know what that means at the academy.
    good luck everyone.

jspsher Guest
    Moto, Moto, got alot of motivation!!!!!!! Jeff, we are gonna gonna have a blast together down in GA. Ranger had a raddy time and he is having a blast in NM.

I have to thank everyone that offered us support, advice, and suggestions. You guys and gals were wonderful!!!!

Jasper

jspsher Guest
    Dear Jeff,

I got an e-mail from a lady at Marshal's HQ stating that the board results are in. She offered me a position in the southern district of California, specifically San Diego, I am going to take it. Beggers can't be choosers you know.

I am so thrilled. She said the letter will come near the end of the month.

Jasper Washington

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast