Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Page 1 of 18 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Us marshals hiring

papimike is offline The kindest moderator

Us marshals hiring

Yes folks, after 10 years of not hiring non military personnel, the US Marshals Service WILL be hiring non military applicants.

The announcement will open March 5th and be open for only 5 days or to the first 5,000 applicants, whichever comes first. It will be posted on USAJOBS and you can review the flyer on the US Marshal website. Good luck and mark your calendars and set your alarms!
    ronrrose likes this.

Jim1348 is offline Rookie

US Marshals Hiring Non Military Applicants - First Time In 10 Years!!

I have a sneaking suspicion that although they will allow non military applicants, they may very well continue to hire a high percentage of applicants with military experience!

xynder is offline Sergeant
    What are you talking about? The last recruiting drive was FCIP and tons of people got hired who weren't military (college kids, cops, etc)

thisguyjc24 is offline Captain
    Haven't they been hiring under the student career experience all this time too?
    Book 'em Dan-o.

agenttobe is offline Lieutenant
    I think the best wording for that is "other people outside of military." Trust me when I say that they will be hiring military people and it will be a good amount.

Let me re-reword it THE DAMN DOORS ARE WIDE OPEN FOR EVERYONE TO APPLY. - The point of the thread was to let those interested know about the opening - Good luck!

agenttobe is offline Lieutenant
    papi......It was open to everyone under FCIP in 2007-2009.

Quote Originally Posted by agenttobe View Post
    papi......It was open to everyone under FCIP in 2007-2009.
    He's trying to help so much but we're such JERKS!!! You and me!!!
    Book 'em Dan-o.

The Marshals Service sent a very brief but specific message to the New York City Detectives Endowment Association- the more than 6,000 member NYPD detective union. Here is the EXACT message:

"Posted: 2012-02-20 13:37:54
    The United State Marshal Service have opened up their testing process to non-military personnel for the first time in ten years. March 5, 2012: www.usmarshals.gov. First five thousand to apply online will be allowed to take the next test."

So, being the nice guy that I am (cue smiley face), I forwarded that info to you fellas who might be looking/waiting for this opportunity. The Marshals Service said this was the first exam open to non military personnel in 10 years, that's what I reported -straight from the source. Again, good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by papimike View Post
    The Marshals Service sent a very brief but specific message to the New York City Detectives Endowment Association- the more than 6,000 member NYPD detective union. Here is the EXACT message:

"Posted: 2012-02-20 13:37:54
    The United State Marshal Service have opened up their testing process to non-military personnel for the first time in ten years. March 5, 2012: www.usmarshals.gov. First five thousand to apply online will be allowed to take the next test."

So, being the nice guy that I am (cue smiley face), I forwarded that info to you fellas who might be looking/waiting for this opportunity. The Marshals Service said this was the first exam open to non military personnel in 10 years, that's what I reported -straight from the source. Again, good luck.
    I'm tracking now, this is the first time the actual "test" has been given, outside of the shining star program that they used to give the military. The FCIP didn't have an exam, except for the writing sample after the panel interview. Therefore, everyone's right! Haha, thanks for sharing good sir.
    "SOME PEOPLE SPEND AN ENTIRE LIFE TIME WONDERING IF THEY MADE A DIFFERENCE IN THE WORLD. MARINES DON'T HAVE THAT PROBLEM." -PRESIDENT RONALD REAGAN

Haha! Great job on that research. Getting the info out as given to me direct from the Marshals Service was my only mission. Mission accomplished. Thanks for that insight HardCharger.

Quote Originally Posted by papimike View Post
    Haha! Great job on that research. Getting the info out as given to me direct from the Marshals Service was my only mission. Mission accomplished. Thanks for that insight HardCharger.
    That's why you're the mod.
    Book 'em Dan-o.

Getting info out to you guys direct from the source as I receive it from the source, yeah, I guess that's one of the reasons I'm a mod - not "the" mod.

neverwhere is offline Cadet
    Anyone else notice USA Jobs is crashing right now?

rushton is offline Cadet
    Yes I had everything pop up at midnight but then crash. Didn't do that on the ATF announcement.

Page 1 of 18 1234567891011 ... LastLast