Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: US Postal Inspectors FY2012

Zipties is offline Cadet
    Thanks for the info.

Haha. Yep. I got a letter in the mail saying that I passed the poly and that the next part in the process is the BI.

maze01 is offline Cadet
    Received my email to complete the SF-86. I'm glad I just updated my background, so no changes need to be made.

Quote Originally Posted by Zipties View Post
    Thanks for the info.

Haha. Yep. I got a letter in the mail saying that I passed the poly and that the next part in the process is the BI.
    That was nice of em. haha. I only knew I passed the Poly because one of my friends from another state called to inform me an Investigator had contacted him. You know if they've started your BI yet?

Zipties is offline Cadet
    Yep, it's been started. I just met with my investigator. Also, I'm done with the MI. I felt pretty good about it, but we'll see... Now it's all a waiting game. Praying for that call... Assuming I passed my MI, it's looking pretty good for July...

madupz4 is offline Officer
    Any word when Postal Inspection Service will have another vacancy announcement?

KJD1150 is offline Cadet
    For individuals who had I/E (mine was 2/12) recently, there is possible movement happening. I was recently contacted by Security Clearence and informed that someone is reviewing my application and requested that I send them a copy of my updated driver's license as it is due to expire soon. Hopefully we will be asked to fill out the SF-86 shortly. I will keep the forum posted if anything happens.

Quote Originally Posted by madupz4 View Post
    Any word when Postal Inspection Service will have another vacancy announcement?
    Nope.... haven't heard about another Open Season but I suspect that with the speed at which the pipeline is moving now, they will need to hold another in the not so distant future if they are seeking to fill the pool with qualified applicants. I suspect that'll hinge on whether they are able to fund classes in 2013.

Again.. just my .02 cents based on my travels through the process here. Don't know either way if or when they will have one.

Zipties is offline Cadet
    No one really will know when there's another open season until there is one... But I'll echo what GEEKS said. My suspicion would be that they won't have another open season until after the end of this fiscal year, and they've figured out how many people they have left over in the pool currently + how many classes they plan on having next FY (if they will have any)... So my guess, if they they do have one, it wouldn't be until November or December, but that's just my 1/50th of a dollar...

KJD1150 is offline Cadet

Sf86

For those who had I/E recently, keep an eye out for movement. I just got the e-mail to complete the sf86 with a deadline of a couple weeks. Will have it completed today and hope I can get a shot @ the a/c soon!

maze01 is offline Cadet
    [QUOTE=KJD1150;549690]For those who had I/E recently, keep an eye out for movement. I just got the e-mail to complete the sf86 with a deadline of a couple weeks. Will have it completed today and hope I can get a shot @ the a/c soon![/QUOTE

I did the IE at the end of Feb and SF86 last week. Hopefully we see more movement.

KJD1150 is offline Cadet

A/c

I have previously observed some post which stated that there are A/C's this week and also an A/C coming up sometime in May. Has anyone heard anything about possible upcoming A/C's?

Just completed the SF-86 and I have no idea how long it takes from time of completing/processing of the SF-86 until being invited to an A/C, but just wondering if there is information floating around out there?

One other question, does anyone know if travel expenses to and from the A/C are covered or is it solely the responsibility of the applicant? Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by KJD1150; 04-11-2012 at 22:48. Reason: Add last question.

Zipties is offline Cadet
    Quote Originally Posted by KJD1150 View Post
    I have previously observed some post which stated that there are A/C's this week and also an A/C coming up sometime in May. Has anyone heard anything about possible upcoming A/C's?

Just completed the SF-86 and I have no idea how long it takes from time of completing/processing of the SF-86 until being invited to an A/C, but just wondering if there is information floating around out there?

One other question, does anyone know if travel expenses to and from the A/C are covered or is it solely the responsibility of the applicant? Thanks in advance.
    It seems to vary. It could be a few days or a few weeks. After I submitted mine, it took a few weeks for them to process it, and after they sent me an e-mail saying it was processed, it was only a couple days later that they contacted me telling me when the AC is. The trip (room, flight and even food) is fully paid by USPIS except for the taxi or shuttle ride to and from the airport. Good luck!

Fearless5 is offline Cadet

Sf-86

Hey all - Im with you guys - seems to be picking up. Had my I/E in the end of January and got an email a few weeks ago to complete the SF-86 - took me a few days to get all the info but it is now done and the forms got sent up - hope the A/C is soon! Congrats to all of you who made it - how was the A/C in Potomac? Any advice if I make it?

Postal Blue is offline Cadet

AC up Next

Quote Originally Posted by Zipties View Post
    It seems to vary. It could be a few days or a few weeks. After I submitted mine, it took a few weeks for them to process it, and after they sent me an e-mail saying it was processed, it was only a couple days later that they contacted me telling me when the AC is. The trip (room, flight and even food) is fully paid by USPIS except for the taxi or shuttle ride to and from the airport. Good luck!
    Got a phone call today notifying me of a May 10th Assessment Center. Very excited for it, however, my math tells me that I am a long shot at best for the July class. When I asked the agent who called, she said that a certain city close to me is the most depleted in the service and I could be rushed into the July class based upon needs of the service. I'm excited, but not so sure. I guess I'll worry about what happens next after passing the assessment center. First things first. This is a rigorous process and I can't count my chickens before they hatch.

Postal Blue

Congrats on getting the AC call Postal. That looks like a pretty tight timeline for the July class, but I suppose you never know. Like you said, best thing you can do is continue to take it one step at a time and focus on where you're at.