Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Stafford is offline Cadet
    passed polygraph. now the waiting begins.

Riyain is offline Cadet
    Passed it as well. Any insight into the timeline from here out? I know we have backgrounds and then CSI, but how long?

thats the million dollar question. I have no idea. I know the paperwork says they want to hire in July so thats all the time line i have lol.

waiting sucks.

ranamy is offline Cadet

!!!!!

Good luck you two on the next step. According to older threads here, it took some up to around 9 months to be hired.

I still haven't received any word, nor a letter. But I was also under a physical restriction which may delay a step...not sure.

The SA that took my group around said there were openings in S GA that needed filled, FWIW.

RA

Ranamy I hope you get word soon. Waiting sucks.

From the paperwork we got at the end of the interview and PT test and from what i have heard. They are wanting to hire in July. If your already a GA certified police officer you will be given your assignment and report to your field office for field training. after a couple weeks you will report for "high liability classes" (which i figure will be firearms, driving, use of force ....) then its back to your assigned field office while the other newly hired agents that are not already certified officers attend the police academy. once they graduate from basic then we all go back to GPSTC in forsyth for the GBI Academy as a group.

as to where I will be assigned, Dont know. Im from North GA (Dalton) but wouldnt mind working headquarters, athens, perry areas.

Ranamy - what does FWIW mean.??? lol

Riyain is offline Cadet
    Thanks Ranamy, maybe you will get word this week. The agent that did my poly said there were openings in So. GA, which is where I live, so that would be ideal, but he did say if I get hired it could be statewide. He also said they are moving fast with the hiring process bc they are trying to get folks hired for the academy and bc of agency needs. I think he mentioned Douglas and Sylvester, and possibly Thomasville as needs down here.

ranamy is offline Cadet
    Quote Originally Posted by Riyain View Post
    Thanks Ranamy, maybe you will get word this week. The agent that did my poly said there were openings in So. GA, which is where I live, so that would be ideal, but he did say if I get hired it could be statewide. He also said they are moving fast with the hiring process bc they are trying to get folks hired for the academy and bc of agency needs. I think he mentioned Douglas and Sylvester, and possibly Thomasville as needs down here.
    Riyain, I'd bet you won't have any problems with getting a position in S GA should they hire you. Good luck with the rest, from what I heard Kingsland may also have openings.

Stafford, FWIW is an easy one.....for what it's worth! Good luck to you too!

ranamy is offline Cadet

shucks

got the old 'Dear John' letter today. They don't want me. Of course I'm disappointed, but I do look at it as the will of a higher power and know it's not time. The stated reason was interview score. Did well on everything else but did have a feeling about that.

Good luck to everyone else and I'll vacate the premises till next time!

RA

Quote Originally Posted by ranamy View Post
    got the old 'Dear John' letter today. They don't want me. Of course I'm disappointed, but I do look at it as the will of a higher power and know it's not time. The stated reason was interview score. Did well on everything else but did have a feeling about that.

Good luck to everyone else and I'll vacate the premises till next time!

RA
    I hate to hear that. Well i am certain that they will hire again here soon so take what you learned from the tests, the interview, the pt and work on it and improve your chances. ive enjoyed your insights and again i hate to hear it.

On a side note. My background agent contacted my employer yesterday. So the cat is out of the bag there....
    Then he called me for a meeting.
    Met up with him and went over my application, some side notes from my poly, my employment history and contacts. answered some of my questions and relieved some of my stress.

Riyian- he told me the same thing today. there are several positions in south georgia. Problem is I am from north georgia. but i have no problem relocating. but where im from everything can be considered south ga.

a friend of mine who tested last fall said that it took a couple weeks for her agent to finish her background check. but all in all it was a month later before she got a call about the final command staff interview. sooooooo we play the waiting game now.

ranamy is offline Cadet
    thanks for the kind words Stafford, I'll hang around long enough to see where you two end up if you guys keep us updated! Hope the cat being out of the bag is no problem for ya.

South GA ain't a bad place....you get used to the gnats!

Riyain is offline Cadet
    Good to hear. What types of things did the background agent meet with you about? And have they contacted your references? I figured it would take at least three weeks for this to all come together, so no rush, just curious and eager to hear what's going on. Lemme know what to expect. And thanks for posting.

Quote Originally Posted by Stafford View Post
    On a side note. My background agent contacted my employer yesterday. So the cat is out of the bag there....
    Then he called me for a meeting.
    Met up with him and went over my application, some side notes from my poly, my employment history and contacts. answered some of my questions and relieved some of my stress.

Riyian- he told me the same thing today. there are several positions in south georgia. Problem is I am from north georgia. but i have no problem relocating. but where im from everything can be considered south ga.

a friend of mine who tested last fall said that it took a couple weeks for her agent to finish her background check. but all in all it was a month later before she got a call about the final command staff interview. sooooooo we play the waiting game now.

Riyain is offline Cadet
    Met with BI today and answered some questions. He said they are looking at probably July before hiring bc that's the new fiscal year and depending on budget, they look to hire 10-15 new agents.

krash is offline Cadet
    Has anyone heard when and if they will be doing another round of hiring in the future?

Riyain is offline Cadet
    Did anyone else complete the GBI Command Staff Interviews that were held last week?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast