Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Midtncop is offline Captain

Female Tenn. Teacher Accused of Sleeping With 13-Year-Old Student

Tenn. Teacher Accused of Sleeping With 13-Year-Old Student

Tuesday, February 08, 2005

McMINNVILLE, Tenn. — A Warren County elementary teacher has been charged with having a sexual relationship with one of her students, a 13-year-old boy.

Pamela Rogers Turner (search), 27, was charged Monday with 15 counts of sexual battery by an authority figure and 13 counts of statutory rape (search). All the charges involved the same boy.

Turner teaches physical education and coached girls basketball at Centertown Elementary, a Warren County school with grades kindergarten through eight in McMinnville.

District Attorney General Dale Potter said investigators believe some of the offenses happened at the school and some at the boy's home.

Turner lived at the boy's house "for a brief period of time when she was moving from residence to residence," Potter said Tuesday. The boy's parents knew she was living there but didn't know anything about a sexual relationship, Potter said.

Potter declined to comment on the nature of the relationship between Turner and her student, but he said investigators discovered multiple acts of sexual intercourse.

"It's attracting attention because it's a female teacher, and that's a little out of the ordinary," Potter said. "But for us, a sex abuse case is a sex abuse case."

Turner was recently divorced from Chris Turner, who is the head boys basketball coach at Warren County High School, according to the Southern Standard newspaper in McMinnville.

Turner was arrested Monday in Clarkrange, her hometown in Fentress County about 55 miles northeast of McMinnville, Potter said.

Conviction on all counts could be punished by up to 100 years in prison. But Potter said it was more likely that a conviction would mean a minimum of a year to several years in prison.

Arraignment was set for Feb. 23.
    Last edited by midtncop; 02-09-2005 at 00:10.

lauderdalehawk4 is offline Lieutenant
    Just to clear it up before it's asked I saw her on Fox News and yes she is hot.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"

Cascade is offline Chief
    God. This is real sad. Hope that kid gets the help he needs to move on after this.
    "Our worst has to be better than their best."

Cascade is offline Chief
    Quote Originally Posted by lauderdalehawk4
    Just to clear it up before it's asked I saw her on Fox News and yes she is hot.
    That wasn't the first question that came to my mind. But, thanks, L-hawk.

irishlad is offline Lieutenant
    Yeah she is very attractive...but it seems like most of these cases these days, the females are very attractive...I don't get it..hello..i am single...ladies...no young man here...LOL. I remember going into court one day and I went in through out "jail downstairs" and saw a girl I went to HS with getting ready for her bail review for providing alcohol to minors while she was doing her student teaching..I don't get it.

Welpe is offline Must. Escape. Cubical.
    Nevermind.
    Last edited by Welpe; 02-09-2005 at 03:49.
    "To the German Commander, "Nuts!" The American Commander." - General Tony McAuliffe, 101st AB

Cascade is offline Chief
    I understand your jokes, but if the genders were reversed, would we still be joking? 27 year old man has sex with 13 year old girl? A joke? I hope not.

lauderdalehawk4 is offline Lieutenant
    Quote Originally Posted by Cascade
    I understand your jokes, but if the genders were reversed, would we still be joking? 27 year old man has sex with 13 year old girl? A joke? I hope not.

No we wouldn’t which is why I will apologize for my comment earlier which looking at it now is not only childish but unprofessional and if my old man (SVU detective) read it he would kick my ass. I think we need to treat both cases of men abusing girls and women abusing boys the same since both victimize children.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"

IM911 is offline Lieutenant
    I just hope the kid doesn't try to marry her when she gets out of prison.
    You may know where you are and what you're doing, God may know where you are and what you're doing, but if the dispatcher doesn't know where you are and what you're doing; you better have a good relationship with God.

JRG
    JRG is offline Sergeant
    I saw this gril on the news as well- in addition to being attractive, she looked somewhat confident and didn't appear too upset- she is facing up to 100 years on this so I have concluded she must have some mental issues that go beyond wanting to sleep with kids. First she sleeps with a 13 yr old boy then isn't seen crying when they take her in-yep somethings wrong upstairs.

We also had a case here recently where a 26 yr old female teacher was arrested for sleeping with a 15 or 16 yr old male student... I just don't understand what motivates them to do this when either of these teachers could have eaisly gotten dates with men their own age, they have to have something wrong with them mentally to want to be with such a young kids.

trackstar16 is offline Lieutenant
    Another example of the fact that you just never know about some people... i'd bet that no one in her family (including her husband) knew anything about her issues...
    "It is the soldier who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag."

trackstar

Goodspeed is offline Rookie

Odd

What I find odd (besides the whole sleeping with a 13 year old thing) is that she apparently lived at the boy's house for a brief period of time. If she's married, did her husband live there with her? Why did she live at this boy's house? Is she just some random sub-letter or is there some prior relationship with the family? Obviously this woman's got more issues than a magazine stand...

JRG
    JRG is offline Sergeant
    Quote Originally Posted by Goodspeed
    What I find odd (besides the whole sleeping with a 13 year old thing) is that she apparently lived at the boy's house for a brief period of time. If she's married, did her husband live there with her? Why did she live at this boy's house? Is she just some random sub-letter or is there some prior relationship with the family? Obviously this woman's got more issues than a magazine stand...
    Yes, I forgot about that- it kind of makes you wonder exactly what all was going on not just with her but the kids parents and her husband- sounds like a mess all the way around.

Cascade is offline Chief
    I think she may have lived there after her divorce? Transitioning from the home she shared with her husband to her own home???

Goodspeed is offline Rookie
    Well the CNN article said she's charged for acts between November and January and her husband filed for divorce in January, alleging "inappropriate marital conduct". I guess! That's a pretty euphanistic claim to me...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast