Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

49erjz is offline Cadet

Another let down

So I got the sad news last week... Apparently the local department that I was currently in backgrounds with chose a different candidate. I guess I need to start dishing out more applications and resumes to different departments. Getting that light envelope containing the "Thanks, but no thanks" letter never feels good, but I am not giving up!

motonsound is offline Rookie
    Hey .... stay focused, and remember, your time will come. Learn from these experiences. They make you sharp and ready for the next opp. Check your inbox. Never GIVE UP, NEVER!

dmclark is offline Moderator & Double X-Fed
    Your goal is to get hired! Shotgun out multiple apps! Don't wait and do it one by one!
    “Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”
    ― Hunter S. Thompson

+1 for what dmclark said: I could wallpaper a room with all the rejections I received for one step of my career or another (well, that's back when rejection didn't come via email). Timing has as much to do with it as your attributes as a candidate. Keep learning all you can about your craft, keep working out, and keep the faith. Perseverance is the key.