Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Thread: NYPD Test score

professor441 Guest

NYPD Test score

I recently took the NYPD test in November that was offered in Boston MA. I scored an 84 on the test. My question is that will an 84 be good enough to continue with the hiring process or should i take the test over again. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by professor441
    I recently took the NYPD test in November that was offered in Boston MA. I scored an 84 on the test. My question is that will an 84 be good enough to continue with the hiring process or should i take the test over again. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Did it tell you how many you got wrong?
    If it is good enough, you will/should get an invite to the next step in the process, which you can find on their website http://www.ci.nyc.ny.us/html/nypd/home.html

I am assuming it is out of 100, but again I took it a few yrs ago, got a 98 and went through with the process. And turned it down...however, if you do a search on here Keyword "NYPD" you should be able to answer any questions that you have.

When I took the test in Jan of 03' I ended up getting a 78. I had a lot of problems. The test was on a Sat. I moved to New York the day of the test, in the morning. I had partied with my friends the night before. My flight was for 6:30 A.M. I got there at 6 A.M. I had the worst hangover. I think if I didn't have all those things going on at the same time I would have done better. After all that I still got an invitation to the orientation.

It should be ok to get you to the orientation. I'd would probably take it over again, if theres another opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by professor441
    NYPD gives preference to people who took the exam first. I took the test in Oct '04 and my list # was in the top 100. Other people in the January class with me are on old exams (Feb '04, July '04) and were list # 4000+. They will get to your number.

I am in the Academy now and everyone that I talked to got over a 90. I guess it depends on how everyone else does... like they pick the top 10% or something. But who knows how they do anything these days. Good Luck.

PS it would not hurt taking it over again
    "I say what I mean and I mean what I say..."