Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

IMPORTANT for Vets - Now Able to Access Your DD214 online

FYI to all.

This is very important. I received this from Capt, USNR Retied Dean Larson; Info - you can now access your DD-214 on-line. Please pass this information on to retired military personnel you may know.

Please Pass to Every Vet - REGARDING MILITARY RECORDS

The National Personnel Records Center has provided the following website for veterans to access their DD-214 online:
    <<>>> <<>>>. This may be particularly helpful when a veteran needs a copy of his DD-214 for employment purposes. Please see the details below.

The National Personnel Records Center is working to make it easier for veterans with computers and Internet access to obtain copies of documents from their military files.

Military veterans and the next of kin of deceased former military members may now use a new online military personnel records system to request documents. Other individuals with a need for documents must still complete the Standard Form 180 which can be downloaded from the online web site.

The new web-based application was designed to provide better service on these requests by eliminating the records center's mailroom processing time.

Also, because the requester will be asked to supply all information essential for NPRC to process the request, delays that normally occur when NPRC has to ask veterans for additional information will be minimized.

EDIT - No actual link was provided, so this is more an info-dump than anything else guys/gals - sorry. I'll try to find the actual link and bring it over.

This information is provided by PURE PURSUIT
    Last edited by PEACE; 08-17-2005 at 14:31.
    Better a hundred enemies outside the tent, than one inside.

- Arabian proverb

Here's the link ...

The National Personnel Records Center (NPRC) has provided the following website for veterans to access their DD Form 214 online:

http://vetrecs.archives.gov
    Better a hundred enemies outside the tent, than one inside.

- Arabian proverb

Quote Originally Posted by PEACE
    Here's the link ...

The National Personnel Records Center (NPRC) has provided the following website for veterans to access their DD Form 214 online:

http://vetrecs.archives.gov
    Thanks, PEACE. A number of our online students with our college are either currently in or coming out of a branch of the Armed Forces, so this will certainly prove to be useful for our admissions and academic personnel with incoming military students.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." -Edmund Burke

"Society prepares the crime; the criminal commits it." -Chinese proverb

I worked as a Veterans certifying official (work study) for my college and this info equates to gold.

Many of the vets either didn't have their DD 214 or didn't know how to get them...I think this might make it a lot more accessable to the vet getting readjusted to civilian life. I know when I got out of the military there was tons of people that didn't get their DD 214 to carry off with them...had to wait untill they got it mailed..etc......but some had problems with changed addresses and not knowing how to get them after the "deadline" of when they should have had them.

Thanks for the resource.
    "Have you seen that bumper sticker that says, "No More Hiroshimas"? I wish I had one that says, "You First. No more Pearl Harbors." --Gen. Richard E. Hawley (USAF-Ret)
    “The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers.” --Thomas Jefferson
    "There is still a bottom 10% of the top 1%."

serpentor Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by HawkDrvr
    Thanks for the resource.

Excellent information. Thanks for the heads up!
    "The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in the moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." -- Martin Luther King
    "Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me."

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi
    Excellent information. Thanks for the heads up!
    Also, (I can speak with certainty for AF) Active duty & Reserve units are also going virtual. My feelings on this are mixed. If you have any concerns, I recommend requesting a copy of your personnel file (UPRG)-now.
    Once they are sent off for scanning/uploading, they will not be available at your base personnel office. Unfortunately, my MPF lost my file last year, needless to say, I am going to request copies of everything before my file goes to records heaven.

atxtallguy Guest
    Great info, I'll check out the site!

You da man, Peace.
    "Anybody worth shooting, is worth shooting more than once."