Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

TaxGirlLA Guest

FBI physical - and top 15 cities

I just took my physical and I thought I'd share a few tips that helped.

Find your immunization records. Yes, those from your pediatrician that you had to track down when you enrolled for college! And find out your last tetanus shot and get a record of it. If you were ever in a car accident or had some other minor injury, the ER probably gave you a tetanus shot - they can check! These shot records were very helpful when filling out all that paperwork.

Also, ladies, wear your SPORT bra to the physical. Since it has no metal, it doesn't hamper the x-ray or ekg and you can leave it on - the less gettin nekkid in front of strangers the better!

And I learned a little during my security interview that I thought I'd share.

(Per my AC) Current list of top-fifteen cities:

1. New York
    2. Washington Field
    3. Los Angeles
    4. Chicago
    5. Miami
    6. San Francisco
    7. Newark
    8. Philadelphia
    9. Houston
    10. Boston
    11. Detroit
    12. Dallas
    13. San Diego
    14. Atlanta
    15. Phoenix

Of course these change all the time, just thought I'd post the current list.

Also - BIG suggestion from my AC - Break in your hiking boots before Q!! Which of course I have heard from this board in the past, but didn't quite consider it a MUST until hearing it from her.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL!!

Quote Originally Posted by TaxGirlLA
    ...the less gettin nekkid in front of strangers the better!
    Killjoy!
    --LAE

1. New York
    2. Washington Field
    3. Los Angeles
    4. Chicago
    5. Miami
    6. San Francisco
    7. Newark
    8. Philadelphia
    9. Houston
    10. Boston
    11. Detroit
    12. Dallas
    13. San Diego
    14. Atlanta
    15. Phoenix

Tax Girl LA,

I'm guessing those are the 15 large field offices. If things go as planned, those 15 offices will be a no go for new agents trainees come this October. I believe that is when the Directors transfer policy will be in place. That is fine with me because I want to stay away from all of those areas. Well good luck with the rest of your processing.

Theseus
    Si Vis Pacum Para Bellum

Quote Originally Posted by Theseus77

...............That is fine with me because I want to stay away from all of those areas. Well good luck with the rest of your processing.

Theseus
    Theseus,

You may want to stay away from them today but in less than 3yrs you will picking from the same list for your next assignment. Not sure if you were aware of this minor detail. May want to factor that in your decision to join the agency. And most likely, based on current needs, the top 15 really is the top 8. After 8th place there is a large disparity in agent numbers compared to the first 8. Thus, thats where most transferees would go.

Krys

crystalex,

The main reason that I want to stay away from the large FO's at first is because of the cost of living in those areas is very high. In three years I will be making a bit more money and could live a little more comfortably in those large cities. With a family of four, I want to live as comfortable as I possible.

Theseus
    Si Vis Pacum Para Bellum

Tax Girl LA,

I'm guessing those are the 15 large field offices. If things go as planned, those 15 offices will be a no go for new agents trainees come this October. I believe that is when the Directors transfer policy will be in place. That is fine with me because I want to stay away from all of those areas. Well good luck with the rest of your processing.

Theseus
    I haven't heard yet that these offices will be a "no go" or not, I think that is yet to be determined. I believe they will still need to send a few agents from each class to some of the larger offices, but who knows. I am just guessing that we will still be ranking all 56 offices while at the Academy, and more than likely they will try to assign most of the new agents to the smaller offices, but a few will still go to the big ones. Time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by eff-bee-eye
    I am just guessing that we will still be ranking all 56 offices while at the Academy, and more than likely they will try to assign most of the new agents to the smaller offices, but a few will still go to the big ones. Time will tell.
    that appears to be the most reasonable approach. it doesn't seem that there's going to be any grand new official transfer policy put into effect with the new fiscal year. rather, as referenced in the fbi's report to the 9-11 commission, the "rotational transfer policy" is already in effect, and they do make an effort to send new agents to the smaller field offices iaw the plan. however they still need to fill the larger field offices too and we just have to plan accordingly.

theseus, i'm with you -- initial assignment to an area with a lower cost of living would be preferred. at the same time, we are going into this with our eyes open (just like the service) and we'll take what we get.
    ps. how're the legs healing?

Quote Originally Posted by fmrmpa
    ps. how're the legs healing?
    FMRMPA,
    Thanks for asking, the legs are healing well. Physical therapy has really been a godsend. I have been ignoring these injuries for a while and it was about time that I let them heal. Hopefully I will be able to get into an Oct class.

Theseus
    Si Vis Pacum Para Bellum

Hopefully I will be able to get into an Oct class.
    hopefully i'll see you there!