Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

week 16 - RSO Academy

Just started week 16 in the Riverside Sheriffs Department academy...we did will to survive last week and our junior class starts monday... can't wait... we have 3 weeks left of firearms, and EVOC course is coming up in 5 weeks PT is also over... only 8 more weeks!

sleoII404 Guest
    Glad things are moving along for you. PT is over? Wow. We have a baby class coming in on Monday too. I have nine more weeks to go, but then again I'm going into my ninth week Keep the faith bro.

Keep it going strong until the end. I also have a bit over 9 weeks left, but then again my class is in the middle of week 23 right now, so for us this time will fly by!
    "The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in the moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." -- Martin Luther King
    "Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me."

thank you guys, seems like we're all in it and will get out at the same time... we became senior class this week... its very motivating especially since we're allowed to carry a real guide-on now, and we have senior class T-Shirts now also instead of our bland PT t-shirts... i can't wait for EVOC, 5 more weeks ... what do you guys have left?

sleoII404 Guest

Half way there

Nine weeks down... nine more to go... Things are getting more exciting. Firearms, uniforms, Defensive Tactics, the classroom lectures are almost a distant memory... almost. OC in two weeks , this will be my third time getting sprayed. The only really bad thing is our Sergeant is going to his dream assignment (bad for us, great for him) and we are really depressed to see him go.

We've got a ton left, but fortunately everybody in my class is now officially state certified, so MOST of the classroom work is done, short of some Spanish and report writing that is coming up. The next couple of months will be spent out of the classroom, going over multiple scenarios to get us prepped for the streets. Last week we got sprayed, this week we did riot work--always a goog time! We too have just moved into uniforms (a big day for us!), and in a couple of weeks will be the senior class.
    "The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in the moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." -- Martin Luther King

What does that mean when you guys say you "moved to uniforms"? Don't you wear cadet uniforms everyday from Day 1? Or moved to your agency blues?

sleoII404 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Danger
    What does that mean when you guys say you "moved to uniforms"? Don't you wear cadet uniforms everyday from Day 1? Or moved to your agency blues?
    The basic academy (civilian) uniform is a white dress shirt, black pants, and a black tie. After the 8th week it is up to the class Sergeant if your class can go into department uniforms. The other perk of wearing uniforms is you can walk around academy grounds instead of double timing it everywhere. The class can always be put back into the civilian uniform for discipline.

Rso 167

Just to echo gs' post....167 is excited to finally be senior class. It was very different this past week. I just hope that nobody screws up & gets us smoked. I can honestly say that 90% of the anxiety dropped this week. I feel like a real person

Just a few more weeks & its 10-8 167

just finishing week 18, monday is week 19! another 3 weeks down, 5 weeks to go, we have EVOC coming up in a week. We should finally be getting our first assignments (patrol, courts, or jail) next week or the week after.

sleoII404 Guest
    Congrats gs-riverside... almost there! EVOC should be a blast. We don't have ours for another 3 weeks.
    Week 11 is over and week 12 is just starting. Our new sergeant has arrived so we are all a bit on edge. It feels like we are back in week 2.
    We had firearms quals today. On one of the quals I shot a 239, 1 point away from expert If only I was as good as a shot as DavidK
    Let's keep the faith everyone out there in the academy!

Quote Originally Posted by sleoII404
    Congrats gs-riverside... almost there! EVOC should be a blast. We don't have ours for another 3 weeks.
    Week 11 is over and week 12 is just starting. Our new sergeant has arrived so we are all a bit on edge. It feels like we are back in week 2.
    We had firearms quals today. On one of the quals I shot a 239, 1 point away from expert If only I was as good as a shot as DavidK
    Let's keep the faith everyone out there in the academy!

Congrats to you too! Its a good feeling to be where we're at.. i remember when i was still in the process... now things are moving along quite nicely... We did our CA POST quals and then a week later did our department quals (last monday).. i got a 310 out of 310 on the department quals... our Sergeant just got here in october so he won't be going anywhere for a while, but he's a great instructor... tough, but we know that when he's tough its for a reason... keep me posted! i want to know how you all are doing in your academies!

sleoII404 Guest
    Week 13 here we come! Redman, Field Problems, Tactical Shooting, and tests galore. It should be pretty busy. Last week we had OC which was pretty funny looking back on it. People were running in circles, into a fence, puking, and I had snot running out of my nose for the rest of the day. I'm just happy it's over. Hope everyone's week goes well!
    -SLEO

Week 21 starting monday, we just finished EVOC today and did OC spray, CS gas and some home search scenerios with simunitions this last week. EVOC was fun, especially the skid pan and the vehicle pursuit. I can't get the damn siren sounds out of my head since i was listening to them all day today.

3 weeks left and we'll be getting our assignments in a couple days (jail/courts/patrol) ... can't wait to find out

Which of the three positions are you hoping for, GS?