Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Talking Georgia Bureau of Investigation: 2011 Exam Question? Cut off score?

Georgia Bureau of Investigation

GBI just opened the job posting for GBI SA. I took the exam on March 14, 2011, and now waiting for them to announce the cut off score.

Does anyone have any information out there on previous cut of scores from previous years? Personal said that the cut off score should be announced in a few weeks. I have heard so many things ---- from 70 to 95.

Did anyone else out their take the exam (in 2011)?? What were your thoughts on the exam?
    If you took the exam in previous years, what did you think, and what was the cut of score?

motonsound
    Optimistic ....

test

i took it...didnt think it was too easy, but not too bad. i actually did worse than i thought, but i still passed. taking the interview this saturday.

howd you do?

The exam was a little tricky. I passed but I will definitely say it was not a walk in the park. I had my first interview process with physical, trigger test etc. Was just
    Scheduled to take poly. Seriously nervous about it, don't know why cause I have nothing to hide.

Sorry its taking me so long to post....

I missed it by one point. : ( Took the exam kind of blind ... but confident that this won't happen again. I have taken a few other exams since them and passed with flying colors. I am preparing for the ICE Special Agent for 8 months now ... The GBI was NOTHING like the prep for ICE.

Good luck with the process... Please keep us posted.

Are either of you current officers?

I actually am a contact employee for the department of homeland security as a armed security officer. I really hate that you missed it by one point. I actually am scheduled for my CSI so hopefully everything goes well. Dont know if u are a Christian but sometimes there are Greater things waiting for us when one door closes God opens another one. Good luck on the ICE exam. Will keep u posted & u be sure to do the same.

One thing I know, if that who ever grabs will get the goods. lol The exam was nothing like I expected. I would take it again, but if I go federal ... I won't look back. I may return to GA, but just in a different capacity.

What is the CSI? Is that an interview?

I was a little thrown back re: GBI but I have many leads out their and those are closer to where I want to be in my career. GBI is a great org, but that just wasn't where I was suppose to be right now. I am in the application process with three other agencies 2 Federal leads and one a local agency.

Trust me, I have too much to offer to slow down my pursuit cause of GBI. Thanks for the advice and the encouragement. I passed the other two exams with flying colors, the next hurdle is the ICE exam. Did you apply to the Special Agent vacancy from June 6?

Mo

Has anyone who had a June CSI heard back from the GBI? I had mine in June and it seemed to go well but I haven't heard anything yet. I was told that it could be a few weeks or even months before anyone is selected but I'm anxious to hear something of course.

I had mine in June also and thought it went fairly well. I have not heard back. I was hoping to hear something soon because I have to decide on a vacation trip in early September. Other than that, I am ready to go right now.

Anyone else have info?

I also had my CSI, June 2011. I have a friend who is a ASAC with GBI. We will get word no later than the end of August 2011. I was told that only 40 apps made it to the CSI. Of those only 10 were certified apps. Additionally GBI is working on approval to filling 2-3 S/A positions open because of recent resignations. How many folks out there are certified?

Also 15 of the new hires will be Crime Scene Techs, 2-3 S/A's assigned to REDO's, and the rest will be S/A's assigned to Field Offices.

Thanks for the update lbyn41! I also had my CSI last month.

Good to hear some new info, thanks. If only 40 people made to CSI, then all of our odds are fairly good, especially if we add in 2-3 more open spots. That (30 of 40) is a high number of noncerts, but it was considered an "entry level" agent position.

By REDO, do you mean the drug enforcement offices? I think the CSS job would be very interesting. The training would be top notch and I would feel very lucky to get it. Seems like it may be one of the busiest positions in all of the GBI, but busy is good.

Good luck to everyone.

Oh God, thanks for the update guys. I was debating contacting them or not. I knew they said it would be a very long process. Anxiety is a BEAST! I was thinking okay if I havent heard anything that means I didnt make the cut but hey looks like I may still be in the running considering I THINK my CSI went well. God bless us all!

Has anyone heard about possible off-duty jobs that are allowed?