Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Question Investigative Hold after medical review cleared?

I am a candidate for 911 operator; after successfully having a medical review cleared I just found out I was put on investigative review and I would not be able to schedule my psychological examinations (both written and oral). Contacted my investigator who stated he would explain on following Monday. I've been researching the internet and have viewed various law job forums but I can not find any info...

What in the world is an investigative review? What are the general categories? ( I have no arrest records or summons)
    How do I get off of it?
    How long does an investigative review process take?

I really hate to think that after all of my hard work and investment in this application process( the notarizing and filling of multiple forms) and money spent for fingerprinting and detailed earnings statements I may not accomplish the goal.... And why doesn't the pre hire interviewer give the candidates a better idea of the many forms, appointments, and time frames needed for a 911 operator?

Investigative Hold After Medical Review Cleared?

Quote Originally Posted by Cheri Dee View Post
    .....What in the world is an investigative review? What are the general categories? ( I have no arrest records or summons) How do I get off of it? How long does an investigative review process take?.....
    Cheri Dee,

While I cannot answer your specific questions, and I know it is probably going to be a LONG weekend worrying until Monday arrives, just know that it is probably nothing to worry about. It is quite likely some mundane, routine thing that they have to check out. I applied for a job and got a call to contact the person doing follow up. The BIG concern was on the medical form and they asked if I was.....are you ready for it.....anemic! I am not anemic and I am not sure it would be a big deal if I was, but that was the issue. My suggestion is to do something nice for yourself this weekend. Get some exercise, even if it is just a nice walk, do something that you like to do. Go see a movie, sit in a hot tub, read a good book, whatever. Then, when Monday rolls around, you will probably find out that it is just some routine thing that wasn't even worth worrying about. Enjoy your time now because once you get on board with 911 YOU WILL EARN YOUR MONEY! I honestly think that a lot of us coppers take 911 folks for granted, but many of us could not do your job! In the meantime, do what you can to have a great weekend and I look forward to you posting next week that things are moving ahead for you!

Jim

I think you're dealing in agency semantics. Anyone on this forum who's applied for an LE job has done this. For many agencies it's called 'ajudication'. There they review all background info(personal/medical), ensure you meet the standards and approve or send back for additional info or reject the candidate. Hang in there. All's normal in the process. Good luck!
    Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!
    Hunter S. Thompson