Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Poly and Background Completed for 2 months- haven't heard a word!

Hello All!

I applied to a local agency as a lateral (police dispatcher) at the end of October of last year. It's been about 3 years since my last dispatch job but I'm very much looking forward to getting back into the fold. Everything was moving along nicely. I was told their were no major concerns during my background interview. I passed my poly on March 31st, and my background investigator notified me on May 1st that he completed my background and turned it into the command, and they would let me know their decision. I have not been told what the next steps are beyond this point, but I imagine a psych and medical exam. It is now July 1st, and I have not heard a word. I emailed the Communications Manager, who did not have an answer and suggested I follow up with the Background Coordinator. I emailed him 3 weeks ago and never got a response. I don't want to step on anyone's toes, but should I try giving him a call? I honestly cannot think of anything in my background that would disqualify me, but do they owe me an answer either way? At this point, I just want to know if this is still a viable option. Any feedback is appreciated!!

Seeing as you've done this previously, I'm sure you're aware of the harrowing and often times lengthy hiring process for an LEO agency.

With that in mind, I would continue to try and get up with someone in recruiting/Hr/Background Invest.... Theres nothing wrong with showing a willingness to follow up. On the off chance you WERE DQ'd, most agencies are professional about it and will send you a letter of DQ, with the why's.