Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

"Original Swat" Boots

Does anyone own a pair of Original Swat boots , from what I hear , they are supposed to be the most comfortable tactical boots on the market. I know the FBI's HRT team , navy seals , and a number of other departments around the country have endorsed them. Thinking about investing in a pair , just what to hear feedback if there really as comfortable as they claim to be.

Bates

Not sure if this is right but one style of boot that comes to mind are Bates boots not sure which series but they are used at Navy Seal BUD/S and given alot of merit by Lt. Stew Smith writer of a Navy Seal Fitness book and a few other tough workout books in the non-sissy exersize section of the book store. You can find them online and through Galls I think. Just look they are out there if these are what you are looking for.

Mule

muleskinner , Thanks for the info. , "Original Swat" is the name of the boot manufacture. They have been around for about 3 years now , I did hear that Bates are real good also.

FutureSwatCop Guest
    I own and wear the Original SWAT boots. Please note, I am not an officer, but I have worn these boots for 14+ hours straight, during overseas flights, hikes, trips, you name it. I have found the boots to be lightweight, and generally comfortable. My girlfriend did not like the boots, as the heel end on the inside wore out and hurt her. Also, the boots I received were not oil or slip resistant. Hope this helps.

icon22.gif

I also own a pair of the boots.. I actually drove to the company headquarters to check out (on an invitation) the way the boot is constructed. Bought a pair right there at the company. *VERY* comfortable. Feels a lot like you're wearing a tennis shoe. From what I understand (was told). The creator used to be a partner with Hi-Tech, but decided to make a more comfortable boot. From what I remember the reason the swat boot is so comfortable is because it uses many layers of padding and is shaped to the foot.

Get a pair, I don't think you can go wrong!

Kahuna

Hey, I just started on the job and bought a pair of Original Swat at my local uniform store. I spent almost 9 yrs in the Army, so I have worn a lot of boots, and I can say without hesitation that these are the best I have ever had. They don't really need a break in period, you can shine them up like a mirror in minutes and feel like a great pair of running shoes. I have really flat feet, so it is always a challenge for me to find something good, and these are it! My highest recommendation.

You guys checked out the new Oakley boots?

Ted