Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

USPIS recruitment open

Looks like the USPIS is accepting applications again. check out their website, looks like they just started advertising it today.

What do they look for?

Anybody out there know if they lean more towards former LE Experience? Is the length of their process similiar to other Fed Agencies--Forever!!!!!!!!!

JS

I took the test a couple of weeks ago. They said that the whole process from the test to getting hired should take 6 months. I wouldn't hold your breath though. They lowered there standards recently so I qualify now. I am a police officer and that wasn't enough before. It is a very conpetitive position. You have current federal 1811's applying for it. The test was easy. Next is an assesment center. I am sure if you have law enforcement experience it will be pretty easy. It is a situational test which all police officers should be able to handle.

Does anyone know how they do thier first POD selection? Do you just get sent somewhere or do you have at least a little input?

Does USPIS have an office of preference program in the event you are sent a less than desirable place and someday want to return from where you came or closer to home?

When I took the test I was told that you pick three locations. They said they try to give you one of them. I don't know how long you have to wait to transfer if you don't like your duty location.

You list three choices on where you want to be located. If there are vacancies, they will try and place you there. I would guess that the majority of people get one of their three choices.

By the way, don't be fooled by the written test. There is nothing easy about the assessment center. About 50% of the applicants fail, including experienced police officers.

I would've loved to apply to USPIS, however even with the relaxed application requirements, they're still pretty strict...even more so than Secret Service and FBI.

Orthokeratology is not accepted, you need to be in your last job for at least a year before applying. I hate to be negative, but geez, haven't they tuned into the rough economic climate we're experiencing? There are thousands of people getting laid off.

I have a question. Why are their requirements more stringent than everyone else?

Jim

I have a question. Why are their requirements more stringent than everyone else?

Jim

They get paid more. Their retirement is better than other 1811's and agents from other agencies apply for them. It might be because they are not under the OPM regulations like other agencies.

If you have gone through FLETC CITP and apply for the USPIS, do they send you to their academy or is FLETC an acceptable equivalent?

ed

If they went to FLETC I would say that they might take the CI Training. Their training is in Potomac, MD. Which contains specific training for Inspectors. I would say that you have to go to through the whole training like everyone else.

Minotaur Guest
    I'm glad that this vacancy has opened-up; however, that 20/40 uncorrected vision requirement is a bit harsh. Is their a waiver for contact lenses? Are they seeking eagle eyed snipers?!?

Regards,

Minotaur

PEEPERS

MINOTAUR

Please forgive this post if is a bit blunt but maybe YOU should get a new prescription for your eyes.....The exact requirements are:

BINOCULAR VISION MUST TEST 20/40 (SNELLEN) WITHOUT CORRECTIVE LENS. UNCORRECTED VISION MUST TEST AT LEAST 20/100 IN EACH EYE. EACH EYE MUST BE CORRECTED TO 20/20, WITH GOOD COLOR IDENTIFICATION AND DISCRIMINATION, DEPTH PERECEPTION, AND NORMAL PERIPHERAL VISION. RADIAL KERATOTOMY OR OTHOKERATOLOGY ARE NOT ACCEPTABLE.

I realize that you have been a member long before me however, this website is valued so highly for information I believe that the most accurate information should be communicated.

Maybe you can now apply.

call me dumb but what does uspis stand for?

LadyJane Guest
    Originally posted by will2335
    call me dumb but what does uspis stand for?
    United States Postal Inspection Service

LadyJane

billm809 Guest
    US Postal Inspection Service