Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: RIP Roscoe

Minotaur Guest
    This is terrible news. According to the article, he passed away in April at a mere 46 years of age.

I extend my sincerest condolences and best wishes for his family.

North of the border between the US and Miami
    God bless him...

A terrible loss.

SecretNY
    "Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter."
    ---Hemingway

Lightbulb

Heartbreaking news, indeed. Roscoe was truly a “Gentleman and a Scholar’. Not too many like him. So young, so many more roads to travel and so many more lives to touch. No doubt he will be missed by all that knew him or knew of him. May he now be in a far better place. RIP

--------------------

The family asked in lieu of flowers, that a donation be made to the Big Oak Boys Ranch, 250 Jake Mintz Road, Southside, AL 35905. In case anyone wants to make a donation I picked up the below info off the Big Oak Boys Ranch web site. http://www.bigoak.org/

--------------------

Note: If a contributor is dissatisfied with his/her contribution, Big Oak will refund 100%. It is our policy not to share our contributor mail list with any outside source. Credit card information is required to ensure your credit card is securely and properly processed. This information is used solely for processing the credit card. For customer service or contribution information, phone (205) 467-6226 or write Big Oak Ranch -- P O Box 507 -- Springville, AL 35146.

To contribute on-line goto the above web site and click on "How can I help"

Memorial/Honor Program

You may honor special friends or relatives on special occasions and we'll send an appropriate letter to the one you have honored. The memorial program gives you the opportunity to honor a deceased loved one or friend and we'll send appropriate acknowledgements of your gift (not the amount) as you direct. Because these gifts require special and additional handling, we ask that a minimum gift of $25 for each memorial or honorarium be considered.
    DelC
    “You never know if quotes on the internet are genuine or not" . . . Abraham Lincoln

Originally posted by DelC
    Roscoe was truly a “Gentleman and a Scholar’. Not too many like him. So young, so many more roads to travel and so many more lives to touch...
    Agreed. Well said.
    --LAE

Very sad news. I hope his family is doing well.
    Last edited by Cam; 07-24-2003 at 16:13.

Patriot
    Soldier
    Firefighter
    Police Officer
    Husband
    Father

Not a bad resume. St. Peter and St. Michael got a good one.

28:1 The wicked flee when no man pursueth: but the righteous are bold as a lion.

Words are pretty hard to come by right now. It's great to see nice comments form so many members. Well deserved on Roscoe's part, I might say.

He has been missed around here for a while. I thought it was temporary. It breaks my heart to find out that's not the case. I don't think it's too much of a stretch to say the world was a better place with Roscoe in it. He'll be missed.

You will be deeply missed, God's speed.

Robert Allen (UN_Cop)
    LWFOF

He was always there with sound advice and honest opinions. His vast experience and great attitude will be sorely missed.

Sigy

rest in peace

Rest in Peace.

I feel like I've lost a member of my own family.

EE

Rest In Peace!!
    You can say you've got issues. You can say you're a victim. It's all your parents fault, After all you didn't pick em Well maybe Oprah's got time to listen. My give a damn's busted. I really wanna care, I wanna feel somethin' Let me dig a little deeper... Nope... Sorry... Nothin'

Despite the short duration of his life, at least he was able to serve the world in a manner that anyone would be proud of. I think Mac said it best, with a resume like that there has got to be a special place in Heaven for him. Rest in Peace friend, thanks for standing watch so professionally.
    "Chance favors the prepared mind"

"I took the road less traveled by and that has made all the difference"

icon18.gif

I can only think of the words of comfort my wife offered to me at the passing of my best friend this past May.

"He accomplished all that God intended for him to do."

RIP Roscoe.

Sadly,

HC

Originally posted by Horse Cop
    "He accomplished all that God intended for him to do."
    I like it. I don't want to use it, but I imagine later in life, I'll be confronted with the need to use it again. I'll credit Mrs. HorseCop when I do.

28:1 The wicked flee when no man pursueth: but the righteous are bold as a lion.