Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: NYSP academy

Week 8 COMPLETED

edited

I wrote a few things that were taken the wrong way from all angles. It was never intended to be that way, but on this job perception is all that matters. So out of respect for all those who came before me, and value the sanctity of their academy, I’m halting and deleting the posts.
    Last edited by Quake; 10-02-2004 at 20:46.

Quake,

You should get some sort of award for this thread! The mods should frame it somewhere.

Thanks for the insights (the informative ones, as well as the amusing ones such as the realization that you're all primping like models!), and good luck with the rest of training.

edited

I wrote a few things that were taken the wrong way from all angles. It was never intended to be that way, but on this job perception is all that matters. So out of respect for all those who came before me, and value the sanctity of their academy, I’m halting and deleting the posts.
    Last edited by Quake; 10-02-2004 at 20:46.

Quake, have there been any people injured
    so badly that they can't do PT?
    If so what do the instructors do with them?
    I know each academy differs somewhat on that topic.

If you are injuried you can not patrcipate in PT. While the class is doing PT the injured usually have a cleaning detail to do. Once your healed you join the class not much they can do about it.

Wow, I figured that most of the people that would drop would have done it by now. What I wouldn’t give to be in one of their positions. They would have to drag me out kicking and screaming. Do you remember how many you started with and what you ended with in your academy class Dan?

From the sounds of it, you mainly have larger cumulative tests, or are there a lot of smaller quizzes as well? Good thread by the way, keep it going.

My class started with 160 and ended with 146 we had 3-4 backfills

edited

Last edited by Quake; 10-02-2004 at 20:47.

Quake clean out your PM box

edited

edited

edited

Did they let therecruits process him. That would be some good experience

Quote Originally Posted by dan707
    Did they let therecruits process him. That would be some good experience
    Yeah at the mock station LOL

Naa actually they turned him over to campus police. Because if his file check came back dirty it would have messed up logistics with the ATOs. The recruit did get an "arrest through proxy". And a good guy POF.

(EDIT)

Quake,

Best of luck to you in the rest of the academy.
    Last edited by SubwayfiveO; 10-03-2004 at 01:28. Reason: content