Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NYSP academy

edited

I wrote a few things that were taken the wrong way from all angles. It was never intended to be that way, but on this job perception is all that matters. So out of respect for all those who came before me, and value the sanctity of their academy, I’m halting and deleting the posts.
    Last edited by Quake; 10-02-2004 at 20:45.

hang in there, we're rooting for you, brick, and pmc!

b
    Last edited by UR2NYSP; 11-08-2004 at 11:49.

edited

I wrote a few things that were taken the wrong way from all angles. It was never intended to be that way, but on this job perception is all that matters. So out of respect for all those who came before me, and value the sanctity of their academy, I’m halting and deleting the posts.

Thanks for the updates, keep them coming. I took the last test and I want in the academy more than anything. I don’t know how soon I’ll get called for the PAT since my rank is in the upper 2000s (disappointed but nobody else to blame). I plan on starting graduate school though anyways before I get any job, if I am lucky enough to have someplace that really wants me. Hopefully the classes will stay large. How long are your runs now in the academy and what is the ratio of women and minorities? I have a few female friends that want to become police officers and worry about their size, but I always tell them not to and that the PAT is pass/fail.

Good luck, it sounds like you want it as much as I do. Be sure to let us know when you start EVOC and what kind of rules/training there is.

Outstanding

I appreciate your taking some of your precious weekend time to fill us in. Are you actually free on weekends or do you have a stack of reading/studying to do?

edited

Quake-
    Great posts. Thanks for taking the time to update us here about NYSP. Sounds like a great outfit.

Take care.
    ---nick

Week 4 COMPLETED

edited

edited

Last edited by Quake; 10-02-2004 at 20:46.

edited

Brettkazcop Guest
    quake-

It's interesting to read your posts. I am going through the ISP academy in Illinois right now and we share a lot of similar stories.

I am at about the same point as you. I am going into my 5th week today of 12 total weeks. Normally it is only a 10 week academy, but I lucked out and got 12 weeks, extra scenario training. Lucky me

Learning a lot though and keeping my stress levels low. We go from about 5:30 am to 7:00 pm everyday. We don't lift weights during our PT, but I hope to get some time in this week of lifting during my short free time of 7-9pm. It's hard to lift though after a 13-14 hour workday.

We just had a bunch of new Illinois State trooper cadets come in that have a 26 week program . They were shell shocked this first week, but it is nice knowing I am past that initial "breaking in" phase.

Good luck to you man, keep on truckin through. Not too much longer and we are back to the real world.

Kaz

Keep it up

Stay healthy, and keep 'em coming!

Last edited by UR2NYSP; 12-17-2004 at 13:25.

Week 7 COMPLETED

edited

Sorry LOL FUNNY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks I needed that. Darn near laughed myself to tears. Fond memories in the making!
    Dawn