Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    ATL
    Posts
    112

    GA Clayton Regional Academy - 09/13/04

    Will anyone here be starting Clayton's academy on September 13th?

    I finally got a start date and will be at the station for about a week before the academy starts. Would like to have some familiar faces before going in.


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    ATL
    Posts
    112
    I started at the department this week and was thankful not to be put behind a desk answering phones. It has given me a stronger drive to get through the academy.

    Again, if anyone is enrolled in Clayton's academy starting Sept 13th, it would be cool to know someone before going in.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    In an ancient land...
    Posts
    261
    Good luck to you. I work w/ a guy who was at Clayton PD for 3 years, and he made it through, so it can't be too bad.
    -Can you look yourself in the eye and honestly say: ''I have never, while high on crack, driven a bank-robbery getaway car into an elementary school?''

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    ATL
    Posts
    112
    today marked the end of day 2 so we will see... i think there have already been some to dor but i am not 100% on that.

    i am looking forward to the weekend.

  5. #5
    GWCC PD Guest
    Hey keep your head up, I'm currently at the Fulton County Public Safety Training Center and week 3 ends tomorrow. Only have 8 more weeks until graduation 11/19.


    GWCC PD

  6. #6
    Dan105 Guest
    I hope its going well at the Clayton county academy. I am in the APD academy now. I have 7 more weeks to go. I have began to hate how long the academy is and I am jealous of Fulton county and clayton county academy for the short time but I know that when I get sworn in in november that I will have some of the best training in the country. All the tough academic stuff is done at this point (2 weeks of Criminal Procedure was hell) and almost all of the PT is done for now. The last week in november will be tough though, that is SWAT week. I am hearing horror stories about it. I already have all my duty stuff and uniforms, but we dont wear the uniforms until swear in day. 1 more week to go and we start wearing the duty stuff to work every day. Have been wearing the vests under our recruit uniform and its very hot but im getting used to it. We start fire arms in 3 weeks so that should be cool. We are getting brand new .40 cal Smith and wesson.
    Good luck guys

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    ATL
    Posts
    112
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan105
    I hope its going well at the Clayton county academy. I am in the APD academy now. I have 7 more weeks to go. I have began to hate how long the academy is and I am jealous of Fulton county and clayton county academy for the short time but I know that when I get sworn in in november that I will have some of the best training in the country. All the tough academic stuff is done at this point (2 weeks of Criminal Procedure was hell) and almost all of the PT is done for now. The last week in november will be tough though, that is SWAT week. I am hearing horror stories about it. I already have all my duty stuff and uniforms, but we dont wear the uniforms until swear in day. 1 more week to go and we start wearing the duty stuff to work every day. Have been wearing the vests under our recruit uniform and its very hot but im getting used to it. We start fire arms in 3 weeks so that should be cool. We are getting brand new .40 cal Smith and wesson.
    Good luck guys

    You hang in there, man. You have obviously made it this far so you can surely handle the rest. APD is no joke and you will certainly have your hands full once you are cut loose. I will be in College Park so I imagine I will be busy as well. Best of luck to you, friend.

  8. #8
    scuba4321 Guest

    Thumbs up

    what is your academy duration? i live in cherokee county and they send theres to gpstc. PT? I know there is little to none at GPSTC in Forsyth! Hang in there and be safe

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    ATL
    Posts
    112
    Quote Originally Posted by scuba4321
    what is your academy duration? i live in cherokee county and they send theres to gpstc. PT? I know there is little to none at GPSTC in Forsyth! Hang in there and be safe
    Our duration is 10 weeks. Right now we are at the 4 1/2 week mark with EVOC next week and the range the following week. I am told that we will be able to wear BDU's and our academy t-shirt from then on instead of our Class A uniform.

    The PT is tough and I do my very best to give 110%. Despite being hard I am getting in really good shape and have enjoyed dropping a few pounds and inches.

  10. #10
    GWCC PD Guest
    Hey guys I qualifed yesterday morning at the Firing Range, boy am I relieved now talk about stress level. Dubtastic if your not familiar with firing or shooting go to the range as much as possible with someone who knows how to shoot and listen to the instructors (believe it or not they know what they are talking about). I think we lost maybe 2 from a class of 34 at the range. But keep up the 110% and you will make it all the way. Our Evoc is week 10 I believe. I now have to prime myself up to get sprayed (OC) during week 7. yuck!

    GWCC PD

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    ATL
    Posts
    112
    Quote Originally Posted by GWCC PD
    Hey guys I qualifed yesterday morning at the Firing Range, boy am I relieved now talk about stress level. Dubtastic if your not familiar with firing or shooting go to the range as much as possible with someone who knows how to shoot and listen to the instructors (believe it or not they know what they are talking about). I think we lost maybe 2 from a class of 34 at the range. But keep up the 110% and you will make it all the way. Our Evoc is week 10 I believe. I now have to prime myself up to get sprayed (OC) during week 7. yuck!

    GWCC PD
    We go to EVOC next week and the range follows. I called one of the guys on our Swat team who offered to help me out with some practice and we will be hitting the range this weekend so I feel better about that!

  12. #12
    GWCC PD Guest
    Just remember on the 25yd line take your time and make all 6 shoots count and on the 15yd line take your time a min is a lot of time. I can't stress it enough take your time. But hey if I made it anybody can.

    GWCC PD


 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •