Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

CA SFPD FTO (Limbo Week) Week 1

Well so far from what I have seen, this job has been a blast. The week just kind of flew by, and even my FTO mentioned how fast time seems to fly...

I am not getting graded yet, which really does not give me an idea of how I am really doing; although I seem to be finishing all of my paperwork in a timely fashion and my FTO has stated a couple times how good my officer safety and searches seem to be. I am just starting to get in touch with the radio and using the MDT/Computer system and even being in Limbo I am getting used to doing all by myself...

I won't go into specifics because I do not want to be accused of cheating; especially since now it is easy to figure out who Justice and I are by our station assignment since only 4 (out of 35) got assigned to the Tenderloin...
    SFPD - Co.F
    God created Police Officers so Firefighters could have heros!

I really enjoy your updates! Glad to hear everything is going well, keep up the good work!!!!!!

CGM77 Guest
    Good luck in FTO, remember Officer Safety at all times! As my primary FTO said to me on my first day. This @%$& is real! There are no time outs or breaks to talk about a situation. YOU are the POLICE!

-Stay safe

Northcal22 Guest
    Good luck. Just curious how long is your FTO phase. When I went through mine at an agency north of your is was 14 weeks. Is SFs longer than that or about the same time?

Quote Originally Posted by Northcal22
    Good luck. Just curious how long is your FTO phase. When I went through mine at an agency north of your is was 14 weeks. Is SFs longer than that or about the same time?
    Our FTO Period is 16 weeks with one "unplug week" for a total of 17 weeks...
    We are in week 3 right now... I have gone from 1100/2100 shift to a 1600/0200 shift. Swings are fun but I am still adjusting to the sleep schedule... I bet Midnights will be next...
    SFPD - Co.F
    God created Police Officers so Firefighters could have heros!

I have been enjoying your stories greatly, Nonsequitor! Keep up the good work.

Monty

P.S. Tenderloin eh? Sounds like a fun place to be.
    "To the German Commander, "Nuts!" The American Commander." - General Tony McAuliffe, 101st AB

The 'Loin...a (criminal) world famous place. I have a pic of San Quentin's main prison yard that has TENDERLOIN scrawled across the wall...

It'll be over before you know it...

--dan