Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Police Unity Tour

With the permission of the board's owner and the moderators, which they readily gave, I'd like to post about the Police Unity Tour.

In May 2005, during Police Week, I, along with Governor will be riding in the 2005 Police Unity Tour. We will ride our bicycles 250 miles from Chesapeake, VA to Washington, DC. The ride last three days, and the final day concludes in DC at the National LEO Memorial. Each rider must raise a minimum of $1300, with new riders raising $1500.

I will attach a link to the Florida Chapter.

Florida Police Unity Tour

I highly recommend visiting the other chapter sites, which you can access through the links. The Virginia Chapter has a short intro, nothing close to Hollywood caliber, but powerful just the same.

If you would like to contribute and help sponsor Governor, myself, or both, then please send me a private message or email. Please email me at: [email protected].

I will return an email with the necessary forms, which can also be downloaded from the FL PUT site. If you have a friend whose name appears on the Memorial Wall, and would like for me to deliver a special message, then I would be honored.

I am riding in the memory of a HS friend, SCHP Sr. Trooper Mike Rao, EOW 6/12/02. If anyone, regardless of whether you pledge or not, would like for me to ride in the memory of another officer, let me know. I am working on a way to list names, either on my bike or my jersey.

Please PM or email me if you have further questions.

Thank you for remembering our fellow Fallen Heros.

28:1 The wicked flee when no man pursueth: but the righteous are bold as a lion.

PS: I almost forgot to mention--any Florida sworn or retired LEO that would like to join our chapter, let me know. We have a few more slots available.

28:1 The wicked flee when no man pursueth: but the righteous are bold as a lion.

I am riding in memory of Ofc Scott Baird, Gainesville Police Dept, EOW 02/12/01.

http://www.odmp.org/officer.php?oid=15503
    Last edited by governor; 11-04-2004 at 14:32.
    This is the law. The purpose of fighting is to win. There is no possible victory in defeat. The sword is more important than the shield and skill is more important than either. The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental. - John Steinbeck

Steve,

I got your email just a couple of things. First when do you need this sent in by ? I am one to forget things so please tell me a cut off date so I can write it down. Also I may have missed it, but is there a number I can call to put the donation on a credit card, or must we send it in ?

Also if you could please add Corporal Dyke Coursen as an officer you ride in memory of. Dyke was a friend and co worker before he decided to move to his dream job in South Carolina about a year prior to him getting killed.

Steve and George Thanks for doing this.
    CPD-Dispatcher
    The opinions expressed are mine alone and do not necessarily represent
    those of my wife who runs our house and makes more important decisions
    than I do.

Unfortunately, we can't process CC payments. Contributions will need to be mailed either to me or the FL Police Unity Tour, Inc. as indicated on their website.

We will indeed honor your friend and ride in his memory.

One more for you guys if you don't mind

Lieutenant Christopher Claypool

Thanks Again Guys
    CPD-Dispatcher
    than I do.

See my update on the 2008 Police Unity Tour in the Coffee Break forum.

Talk about posting in an old threat. I think you win the award for posting in an almost 3 year old thread
    CPD-Dispatcher
    than I do.