Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

icon31.gif Reverside Sheriff Reserves

Can anyone tell me if working for Riverside sheriffs as a reserve is a good idea to get started to go fulltime? The department seems great and the sheriff looks like he cares for his deputies... i am a level I grad and im excited to start with riverside if i get picked up...

thanks

zlmajors Guest
    I can't respond specifically to riverside but working reserves is usually an excellent way to get your foot in the door and almost all departments will rank a reserve officer much higher than someone that doesn't have any applicable experience. This was told to me directly by the officers in charge of training and hiring for two different large departments 500+ sworn officers.

One of those departments that I had gotten to the oral board THREE times told me point blank I would have been hired as a full time if I had just two months of post reserve academy experience.

Also talk to other officers, a huge portion started in their own departments reserves. I'd say that would be true for departments that are under 800 or so officers.

whtsthe#for911? Guest
    I've heard a lot of great things about the reserve program with the Riverside Sheriff - I work for that dept as a dispatcher. Check out www.riversidesheriff.org if you haven't had a chance to yet - there's some info in there. Good luck! It is a great dept to be apart of! (and as far as I know, the hiring is open and ongoing right now)

In Process

Thanks for the info Im in the Background process right now and i already passed the poly. i just want to get my foot in and it looks good so far ill keep you updated..

Thanks i Hear great things about them also

What doesnt kill you makes you stronger.

icon31.gif Passed Backgrounds

Well here is the update i finally finished the backgrounds portion to the next step the Sgt's Review , conditional offer of employment , medical, and the then the dreaded phyc test. i getting closer i can feel it and hopefully i get my foot in the door to have a successful career.

icon31.gif Medical Exam Next

Well I just recieved my Conditional offer of employment and i have to do the Medical Exam on the 10th of May. Im a little nervous about weight but i think ill be ok. Wish me Luck and i hope i finish everything anyone have any advice as how the medical goes? Thanks for everyones help

Q

icon31.gif all Done

I finished my Medical and Phych test already ...
    i felt everything is good to go so now im just waiting for the review board to go .. Ill keep my fingers crossed

Thanks everyone for there input

icon31.gif I Made It

I was sworn in with the Sheriffs Department Last week
    I want to thank everyone for there Support