Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

sam010 Guest

ca corrections p.o.p.e test question

I'm taking the p.o.p.e test in a couple weeks for a CO in California, what should expect, how should I prepare.

Simple: Answer as if you were yourself, not who you think they want you to be and be consistent with your answers. If they give you 5 hours to complete the test and you see someone getting up after 2 hours when you are not even half way done, do not let that affect you.
    Stay Safe,
    J. Rambo
    ------------
    Sine Pari

Quote Originally Posted by sam010
    I'm taking the p.o.p.e test in a couple weeks for a CO in California, what should expect, how should I prepare.
    I am assuming you are talking about the oral psych. I have yet to take it, but that would be my next test.

Can I ask you how long ago you applied? I have been in the process over a year.
    Paco has your back!

I applied last year in May (approx.), took my written 8/25/04, and took the written P.O.P.E in early March. The P.O.P.E is the Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory 2 (MMPI-2) plus a smaller similar exam.

After you’re done you complete an abbreviated personal history questionnaire which covers arrests, therapy and counseling, drug usage, prescribed meds, speeding tix, etc. There was no time limit and they recommend taking a break during testing. The entire session took me about 3hours, some were done before me, and some where done after me, but don't worry about who is done first, just go at your own pace.

My only recommendation is: ANSWER HONESTLY, OPENLY, AND DO NOT ANSWER WHAT YOU THINK THEY WANT TO HEAR!

PS...anyone who took their psych in March get there results back yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Matador
    I applied last year in May (approx.), took my written 8/25/04, and took the written P.O.P.E in early March. The P.O.P.E is the Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory 2 (MMPI-2) plus a smaller similar exam.

After you’re done you complete an abbreviated personal history questionnaire which covers arrests, therapy and counseling, drug usage, prescribed meds, speeding tix, etc. There was no time limit and they recommend taking a break during testing. The entire session took me about 3hours, some were done before me, and some where done after me, but don't worry about who is done first, just go at your own pace.

My only recommendation is: ANSWER HONESTLY, OPENLY, AND DO NOT ANSWER WHAT YOU THINK THEY WANT TO HEAR!

PS...anyone who took their psych in March get there results back yet?
    Interesting. I took the written portion of the POPE the same day I took the written test. I then went and did the physical and eye exam. I then went into backgrounds and was cleared (this was last Sept.). I am now awaiting the interview portion of the POPE and then the med. I was told that the State Personnel Board schedules the interview and med, so it is kind of out of the CDC's hands.

I am just trying to see if anyone tested after me and has gone on to tests that I have yet to take.
    Paco has your back!