Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    The toughest Academy is the one that your trying your damndest to graduate from. DM
    Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!
    Hunter S. Thompson

how about CHP , LAPD orange county Sheriff's academy? I heard they're all tough.
    failure is not an option

Quote Originally Posted by cowboys
    Can everyone provide opinions on which state has the toughest law enforcement academy?
    I don't really see a point in this question. It's like asking "which LE academy is the easiest?". I have been through Army boot camp, 4 yr. college and the USBP academy. All are tough in their own ways.

D
    USBP now ICE 1811

Quote Originally Posted by DallasTX
    I don't really see a point in this question. It's like asking "which LE academy is the easiest?".
    Exactly.....I could argue that Missouri State Highway Patrol academy is the toughest based on what I have seen from going to continuing education at there academy when they have a class in session and from what the local Troopers tell me. But what good is that when my version and their version of what tough is maybe two different things.

Quote Originally Posted by dmclark
    The toughest Academy is the one that your trying your damndest to graduate from. DM
    you beat me to it! i've been through more than one academy and they all were a pain. the first caused the most most anxiety because i didn't know what to expect, after that it was a pain being back on the bottom.

a good academy should teach you what you need to know in order to do the job. it should also prepare you mentally and physically for the job. believe it or not, the academy is still a part of the hiring process. it proves you can learn the minimum skills required to the job, but it is all fake. the academy is a safety zone, fantasy land. field training is the next part of the process and finally being on your own is the true test. each academy i was in had the superstar everybody thought would make a good cop (wrong) and the ones people thought were awful who turned out to be great cops. sure some places have a more challenging PT or academic program, but that does not ensure a good worker. a some point the difficulty of PT or academics reaches the point of diminishing returns.

the toughest academy thing only counts when you're bs'ng with other cops (since we all seem to try and out do each other) or talking to a new guy/gal and you want to rant about how tough you had it

stay safe.

RI State Police boasts a very hard para-mil academy that has about 40% drop out rate. Not sure if you can equate a high drop out rate w/ being tough...
    "A wise man knows everything, a shrewd man knows everybody"

Quote Originally Posted by dmclark
    Well said!!!!

This question is nothing more than an opportunity to brag about “who” is the toughest!

This is the same as military boot camp bragging rites (everyone already knows that Marines are the toughest badest MF’ers on mother earth). Ok maybe that example isn’t the best!

The bottom line is we are all fighting the same battle! Regardless of whose academy is the hardest we all should respect each person (or department) as dedicated coworkers and peers. It doesn’t matter who’s academy is harder when your life is on the line and you need to trust that someone else is on there way to help!!!

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by DNPSP
    . . . This question is nothing more than an opportunity to brag about “who” is the toughest! . . .
    I agree. Nuf said. Thread is closed.
    DelC
    “You never know if quotes on the internet are genuine or not" . . . Abraham Lincoln