Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    PSPWannabe Guest

Anyone hear from PSP?

Has anyone who is in the process heard anything lately? I am waiting on the background investigation... assuming I passed the poly.

Not to beat a dead horse and cause commotion, but did you have the music download question too?

I am not that far in the process.

PSPWannabe Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner
    Not to beat a dead horse and cause commotion, but did you have the music download question too?

I am not that far in the process.
    No, I don't have to worry about the downloading issue. Let's leave it at that...

did you have the music download question too?
    If what you're asking is was he specifically asked that question on the poly, remember that it's not fair or ethical to ask someone what questions they were asked in any part of the hiring process.

Not only that, but if a BI/panel/poly asks YOU, when it's your turn, if you have any prior knowledge of the hiring process' questions, you want to be able to truthfully tell them "no".

k
    "I don't share your greed...the only card I need...is the Ace of Spades, the Ace of Spades..."

PSPWannabe Guest
    Well, I got the call today that my background is beginning. He is going to call me back to meet with him when he is done.

I just read an article about the state being 90 troopers short, but the governor has no plans and intentions to hire the spots. Instead he plans to do some reshuffling around and save money by hiring civilians for desk work. Only an FYI for the people in the process.

ChesCopPodz Guest
    My dad who is a cop in NW PA spoke with a buddy who is a trooper and he said the department is looking to hire a few hundred (no more specific than that) and that now is a good time to apply, which I will be testing in the summer.

pspintherace Guest
    I heard from the Trooper starting my BI today. I had to leave a message, so I will post when I hear anything else. Good luck!

PSPWannabe Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by pspintherace
    I heard from the Trooper starting my BI today. I had to leave a message, so I will post when I hear anything else. Good luck!
    Good luck! Did you meet with him yet?

PSPWannabe Guest
    Has anyone gotten any news lately? I haven't heard from my BI since he started almost a month ago.

PSPWannabe,

I am also at the BGI step. My BGI didn't contact me until 3/7. I know he has called a lot of the people that I had listed on the app. I haven't been told by anyothers that he has contacted them.

I have also heard that the next start date isn't until June now. That seems to fit given the stuff that still needs to be done.

One thing is a given the state doesn't move very fast. However, in the end it will all be worth it.

PSPWannabe Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by DNPSP
    PSPWannabe,

I am also at the BGI step. My BGI didn't contact me until 3/7. I know he has called a lot of the people that I had listed on the app. I haven't been told by anyothers that he has contacted them.

I have also heard that the next start date isn't until June now. That seems to fit given the stuff that still needs to be done.

One thing is a given the state doesn't move very fast. However, in the end it will all be worth it.
    I have also heard something about the class being pushed back to June. My investigator told me that he had to have his report in by 04/01 and that I should hear something within a couple weeks.

PSPWannabe Guest
    PSPWannabe,

Have you heard anything?

Medical/Psychological Eval

PSPWannabe,

Check the mail. I got my packet in the mail today.

They aren’t giving much time to get everything done. Packets must be returned no later than 4/25 reporting to the academy on 4/29.

Finally the light at the end of the tunnel is within sight best of luck to all that are in the selection process.

Has anybody heard anything else about the next class being pushed back to June?
    Last edited by DNPSP; 04-11-2005 at 19:38. Reason: Incomplete posting

PSPWannabe Guest
    PSPWannabe,

Check the mail. I got my packet in the mail today.

They aren’t giving much time to get everything done. Packets must be returned no later than 4/25 reporting to the academy on 4/29.

Finally the light at the end of the tunnel is within sight best of luck to all that are in the selection process.

Has anybody heard anything else about the next class being pushed back to June?
    Wow, that was quick!! I didn't get anything today, but I will be looking for something tomorrow. I haven't heard anything else about the academy start date.

What else was in the packet?

Oh, CONGRATULATONS!!!