Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Thread: Sa 5-10 Class

Sa 5-10 Class

I'd like to start this thread for the May 16th FBI SA class. Its getting down to the wire and I want to make sure I haven't missed anything or if there's something I hadn't thought about doing.

1.) I have called all of my recurring service providers/monthly billing to let them know what I will be doing the next 4 1/2 months (i.e. Gold's Gym, Sirius satellit radio, cell phone, alarm co). Most of them have agreed to suspend my service (without having to cancel) until I'm done. Others may have to cancel depending on where I end up moving to.

2.) My wife will have a POA (power of attorney) for me, in case she needs to sign any docs on my behalf, while I'm away (i.e. real estate contract from the sale of my house).

3.) I have purchased all of the items on the list they've sent in our package at a local sporting goods store or online (much cheaper and no sales tax) and some additional items that may come in handy.....http://www.911jobforums.com/vB/showt...ht=supply+list

4.) I will be resting for approx 4-5 days before the pft...I dont want to over do it AND I want to make sure my body is fully rested by the time I get there.

5.) I have planned to fly back for one weekend and I have already made reservations (so I can assure the cheapest rate).

6.) This one is more of a whine/looking for advice: My wrist has been hurting me for a couple of months now. Its not a constant pain; it only hurts when the top of my hand bends upwards and I apply pressure....LIKE IN THE PUSH UP POSITION! I first noticed it last year and I thought it was attributed to using the mouse so much at work...so I would lay off of the mouse as much as possible and in a few days "vioala" no pain. Well, it's now been two weeks with no mouse usage and it still hurts (like a beach) and needless to say, I haven't been able to do that many protocol push ups...anyone else experience this or have any words of advice?

Quote Originally Posted by 512app
    6.) This one is more of a whine/looking for advice: My wrist has been hurting me for a couple of months now. Its not a constant pain; it only hurts when the top of my hand bends upwards and I apply pressure....LIKE IN THE PUSH UP POSITION! I first noticed it last year and I thought it was attributed to using the mouse so much at work...so I would lay off of the mouse as much as possible and in a few days "vioala" no pain. Well, it's now been two weeks with no mouse usage and it still hurts (like a beach) and needless to say, I haven't been able to do that many protocol push ups...anyone else experience this or have any words of advice?
    Advil before the PFT? Not an expert, but if a few days of rest aren't helping, you may want to get it checked out before you head down to Quantico.

Quote Originally Posted by LongTermGoal
    Advil before the PFT? Not an expert, but if a few days of rest aren't helping, you may want to get it checked out before you head down to Quantico.

Yeah, I though about going to the doc, but you know...that just sounded too easy for me! HA!

I also have the same wrist problem that comes and goes. I think it has something to do with how I sleep. Anyway, I bought a wrist brace like the kind you find a walmart, etc. It is basically a plastic splint held onto your wrist with fabric and velcro. I would wear it while not in public (I would wear it to the gym) and at night. After about a week or two- no more wrist pain. I hope it helps, and good luck.

Thanks blh157

I bought a similair brace, but I've only been wearing it while working out. I'll try and wear it at night too. Thanks!

CatFight Guest
    It's definitely the computer - I have the same exact problem with my wrist because I'm on the computer 24/7.

I was taking an exam, and my wrist was killing me, and I had no choice but to continue writing...

petronma Guest

Ice, advil, heat. Get some sleep, rest, drink plenty of fluids. I'll see you sunday night. Let's get ready to rock....

Petro

PS. PM me or email me if you want to touch base once we get down there.

DoDAgent Guest
    Compression might help also...

Thanks

I appreciate the advice...I've purchased a wrist brace and loaded up on Advil! I am definitely going to Quantico and I know I will bust out at least 50...just not with a smile on my face.

Good luck to all that will be attending or that is in the pipeline waiting for the call.

Dan513 Guest

Great last minute pointers

1.) I have called all of my recurring service providers/monthly billing to let them know what I will be doing the next 4 1/2 months (i.e. Gold's Gym, Sirius satellit radio, cell phone, alarm co). Most of them have agreed to suspend my service (without having to cancel) until I'm done. Others may have to cancel depending on where I end up moving to.

2.) My wife will have a POA (power of attorney) for me, in case she needs to sign any docs on my behalf, while I'm away (i.e. real estate contract from the sale of my house).

3.) I have purchased all of the items on the list they've sent in our package at a local sporting goods store or online (much cheaper and no sales tax) and some additional items that may come in handy.....http://www.911jobforums.com/vB/showt...ht=supply+list

4.) I will be resting for approx 4-5 days before the pft...I dont want to over do it AND I want to make sure my body is fully rested by the time I get there.

5.) I have planned to fly back for one weekend and I have already made reservations (so I can assure the cheapest rate).
    I am glad you posted. It is a good reminder of things to consider especially #2 and #5. Best of luck with the wrist, I am sure you will pass with flying colors.

Dan

I am not sure who you use as your bank, but we opened up an account with Bank of America to make sure that hubby had access to cash once up there. B of A is located on the Quantico premesis.

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away-Unknown

STL1974 Guest

Good Post

512 - Good luck at Quantico and thanks for sharing the info. Good luck with your wrist - you can get that 50 I know it.

petronma Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Nwaiting
    I am not sure who you use as your bank, but we opened up an account with Bank of America to make sure that hubby had access to cash once up there. B of A is located on the Quantico premesis.
    Good to know Nwaiting. As always, a wealth of information.

Dan513 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by petronma
    Good to know Nwaiting. As always, a wealth of information.
    I second that. Nwaiting you have provided a service that can never be repaid. Now let me get back to waiting and waiting.

CatFight Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan513
    I second that. Nwaiting you have provided a service that can never be repaid. Now let me get back to waiting and waiting.
    Well, she already told us what bank her family uses, so I guess we can start making deposits!