Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

USPS Headquarters Hiring Freeze

The PMG has announce an immediate Headquaters employee hiring freeze. USPIS employees are Headquaters employees. I do not know how this will effect USPIS hiring. Applicants should contact their recruiters. Hiope all goes well. Been there done that. Go to postalnews.com to read the letter.
    Last edited by oldfed; 05-20-2005 at 10:20. Reason: Additional information

Hurry up!

I am holding my breath until someone clears this up.

What I am hoping for is someone to post saying this does not effect USPIS hiring so we can all let out a collective sigh of relief.

If it is determined that the freeze does effect us, then we can all lower our heads as a collective body of USPIS applicants, moan and whine a bit on the board and/or to our significant others.

js273

TMSPresident Guest

Not sure if this is such a big deal

Just read the letter...I think there is only a freeze on contract employees, NOT Inspectors. I've worked for the postal service as a contract employee for three years at the Princeton REC (actually as a Transitional Employee). It means that every year, the postal service has chance to either renew your contract or fire you based on need and performance. Fortunately, I made it through all of my renewals.

Take my response with a grain of salt, though. I'm not sure what constitutes a "headquaters" contractor.

TMS-

I also took the time to read this (it is a really short memo) and gathered that this should not affect the USPIS at all. My $0.02.