Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Thread: PAT on Saturday

PrivateEyes Guest

icon26.gif PAT on Saturday

Something cool happened to me last Friday. I had tested with the Travis County Sheriff's Office earlier in the year, but since I failed the PAT by 15 seconds (had trouble getting over the 8ft "A" shaped wall), I was DQ'd until March 2002. Well, anyhow, they called me out of the blue this past Friday asking if I was still interested. They have over 47 openings right now. (For Corrections). Anyhow, so I am taking the PAT again this Saturday. I have lost weight, so I now have less weight to pull over the wall, and have been working on my upper body strength. I am female, so I have less upper body strength to begin with. Any helpful advice?

Also, I know almost all SO's require you to start working in the jail. Anyone know what they look for, as far as the people they choose to eventually promote to deputy?

Thanks in advance!

As far as preparing for the PAT on Saturday, there is not much more you can do other than what you've already done. Another thing that sounds promising for you besides the weight loss is your confidence. In my opinion, it is 90% in your head. If you want it bad enough, you can do it!!!! Your mind tells your body to quit when it is hurting or tired. Don't listen!! Get over that wall. Good luck and keep us posted!
    Dan

Stay Alert, Stay Alive