Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

icon31.gif Riverside Sheriff Dept Hiring 430

I work for Riverside and the word on the street from all my friends testing is they need 430 by Dec 05 but the budget is for 170 by Dec 05 and an overall staff of 500 by next year.. if anyone is interested they are testing twice a day and on some days 3 times a day they are hurting for people.. if anyone is interested check out there website. they are a very good department and the jail time as of right now is around 2 yrs max... To go to patrol...

What doesnt kill you makes you stronger.

Riverside SO is on my interest list, maybe I should look at dropping an application soon. Thanks for the heads-up!
    "To the German Commander, "Nuts!" The American Commander." - General Tony McAuliffe, 101st AB

icon31.gif great department

They are a great department and the guys are awsome i have no complaints working for them they take care of there people...
    there is always some dummy to bust, and you deal with stupid crooks and if it wasnt for them i wouldnt have a job...

What doesnt kill you makes you stronger.

STIcop Guest

100 Applicants

My background investigatior came over to do the home visit today and I asked him what the real number of candidates they were going hire. He said around 100. Maybe the original number of 170 by Dec '05 has been revised?

Quote Originally Posted by STIcop
    My background investigatior came over to do the home visit today and I asked him what the real number of candidates they were going hire. He said around 100. Maybe the original number of 170 by Dec '05 has been revised?
    when they're talking numbers, they're going for 100 for the 167th academy in nov and 100 for the 168th in feb.... the total is 400-500 for the next fiscal year (which includes those 2 academies and the rest), laterals, and post-certified

dmitchell84 Guest

CSO I - Community Service Officer I

Can anyone tell me more about this position than what the RSO has to say about it? I know it's not a sworn officer's position, but I have this idea that it's more like a cadet for a police department. Is that about right? I just wanted to know more about specific duties, hours (whether they have full- or part- time or both), whether there's any jail work, ... just stuff like that.... thanks all.

Don

well i was talking to a couple CSO's over at the Robert Presley jail when i was on a ride along and they said its basically taking reports, and transporting criminals to jail it seems like, generally assisting the officers with non-policing duties ... thats just the impression i got, i could be wrong

yes that is what the CSOs do. they do cold crime calls with no suspects present, like burglary reports, traffic control, some traffic investigation, parking citations. i work as a CSO with san diego sheriffs, but i'm in the courts, not patrol.
    failure is not an option