Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Fletc Class Rings???

I was wondering when you graduate Fletc either from CITP or your agency specific add on, is there any kind of option to purchase a class ring. I know here in Georgia the state academy's like GSP they have the option to purchase a really nice class ring, like the ones you could get from your university, so I was wondering is there anything like that for Federal Agency Graduates?

You will learn that once you become a fed, you will never wear ever again anything that tells the world what you do

class rings, police polo shirts, bumper stickers, etc

You mean to tell me that the FBI doesn't have those nifty polo shirts like on numbers and wear FBI hats while playing frisbee in the park? My hopes are crushed... how am I supposed to pick up chicks in my G-ride now!?

Honestly, you and your classmates might or might not; depending all on what you're off to do after graduation. A class photo signed by everyone is usually a nice momento.

Quote Originally Posted by satpak77
    You will learn that once you become a fed, you will never wear ever again anything that tells the world what you do
    Actually quite a few people don't really learn that at all, which is why you'll run across agents and officers with stickers on their vehicles, wearing agency shirts out to Wal-Mart (though that is more common among trainees in Brunswick than anywhere else in the world), and giving FLETC T-shirts to their family.

That said, police polos and T-shirts do have their place at the range, in training classes, etc.

best I've ever seen is AFOSI rings, and similar agency-specific rings. These are things that are offered through the agencies themselves (or on ebay). I could be wrong, but I have never seen class rings, and I am at FLETC-Artesia now

Thanks DRE. I 've never seen a Fletc ring myself or a Fed agency one for that matter, hence why I asked. Thanks again DRE.

I'm at FLETC right now and I haven't heard of it, though IMO it wouldn't be a bad idea. The closet thing I can think of is a class t-shirt.

You get a graduation certificate, a class picture, and a shiny badge, but I have never seen them offer class rings. I am sure if you want one bad enough, you can call up Jostens or some other company and have one made. However, if I was you, I wouldn't let it to get back to your agency or FTO, because even if you have the best of intentions and plan on never wearing it, someone will assume you will. Having come from local LE to the fed, it is a big difference in what they consider 'low key'.

Best of luck
    Last edited by UncleSugar; 11-13-2005 at 13:47.
    A society that makes war against its police had better learn to make friends with criminals. - unknown

I have a class t-shirt...It stays in a very law and dark spot in a piece I do not talk about when the sun is up. LOL
    "It is better to die on your feet than to live on your knees."
    -- Dolores Ibarruri `La Pasionaria'

Quote Originally Posted by DrePol
    best I've ever seen is AFOSI rings, and similar agency-specific rings. These are things that are offered through the agencies themselves (or on ebay).
    The OSI rings are not from the agency, they are from a private group, the Association of Former OSI Special Agents. I have never seen anyone in OSI wearing one of those rings, and the only reason I knew of it was the association sent me some info in the mail and I visited their website.
    "What we need are critical lovers of America - patriots who express their faith in their country by working to improve it." - Hubert Humphrey

Exactly! FLETC isn't so hard that I would want to buy a ring. It's not that big a deal getting through CITP. Buy a couple of t-shirts and take care of 'em.
    Last edited by UncleSugar; 11-13-2005 at 13:48.
    xcaopa

I think enough of us have expressed the opinion that we think it's a bad idea, and the original question has been answered. So this is done before the comments get any nastier.
    "What we need are critical lovers of America - patriots who express their faith in their country by working to improve it." - Hubert Humphrey