Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast

New York State Police

I see that someone posted in an old NYSP thread, so here is a new one.

As for me, my background update finished last month and I’m just waiting for the medical and academy. Good luck to those that are also waiting.

Well my question is, can someone give me a relative time frame when I could expect to start hearing regarding my application. I tested out around 6,000......and know they are only up to 3500 or so at this time.

Any info is greatly appreciated

Preparing for next class

RE: 1917Professor
    I tried sending you an email but your mail-box is full. May need to delete some old messages.
    Reply:
    I've been asking around, and no one knows any specifics on class size or start date at this time. Hope to here something after the Holidays, as many people aren't around for comment during this time of year. Only thing you can do is keep training and wait...

I've been enrolling in local and out of state half-marathons, 10k, and other events to keep me motivated which has been working out great!! Makes the 1.5 miles feel like a warm-up after awhile. (Just a training thought)

Good luck! You will need it because NYSP is one of the hardest to get hired by.

BI update is also complete, still waiting. Best of luck to you all.

Hey all,

any insight on my question? I am sitting at a lowly 6,400 on the list. when do you think I'll get the call for the PT portion? Is a year a safe bet? The thing that stinks is, I'll be 30 this June thus this is the last time I can take the exam.....

Any help is greatly appreciated!! Best of luck to all of you.

Drone

I wish that I knew. Hopefully the April class will make it up to 3,500. Say the next class is in November and has 150, which brings us to 5,000. Say the next is in June ‘07 and has 150 and we are up to 6,500. However, don’t take my guesses as anything close to fact (although the ten to one ratio is the norm… meaning, ten people on the list equals one person making it into the academy).

hey thanks gratton, i appreciate the ballpark numbers.....i am not expecting to get in, but am still HOPING!!!!

Any Word on class size?

Curious if any one has heard anything on class size for this Spring'06?

Flash154 Guest
    Usually, class sizes for the NYSP Range between 150-250, depends on the budget and things of that nature, it is nearly impossible to predict.

Keepin’ the thread alive…

I’ve been hearing rumors of class sizes between the ranges of 160 and 250+. I think I should be good if the class size is within that range or a bit less, but the larger the better. The governor wants to hire 100 extra troopers so that 100 investigators can be deputized as federal agents and be used to fight gun trafficking. This should mean at least a half-way decent class size.

Gratton,

That is great news and thank you for the update, does that mean they will be pulling more applicants?

Next class is in fact expected to be a big one. I spoke with a recruiter a bit ago and was told that the spring class should be double in size to the one that began in September.

Quote Originally Posted by RGratton
    Keepin’ the thread alive…

I’ve been hearing rumors of class sizes between the ranges of 160 and 250+. I think I should be good if the class size is within that range or a bit less, but the larger the better. The governor wants to hire 100 extra troopers so that 100 investigators can be deputized as federal agents and be used to fight gun trafficking. This should mean at least a half-way decent class size.

The next will be large 250+. If you guys are close to being called I would make sure you are ready to go into the academy. It sneaks up on you quick dont wait.

Flash154 Guest
    Snuck up quick on me, Dan is right about that.