Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast

New FBI SA Status (3/22/06)

i periodically trawl the ssg and ia threads in the support forum, and occasionally a gem like this comes up. it's the most clear and concise explanation of the bi process that i've seen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony V
    The Bureau Applicant Employment Unit (BAEU) in the Administrative Services Division administers the applicant program and makes suitability determinations.

Field offices conduct Personal Security Interviews and “scope” applicant cases for investigative coverage, that is, they determine the extent of the investigation necessary. The scoping is forwarded to the Background Investigation Contract Service at Headquarters, which distributes the work among Special Investigators, who conduct the investigations.

When field work, name traces, and record checks have been completed, a BAEU analyst determines the applicant’s suitability for employment. If an applicant is found suitable, the case is sent to the Personnel Security Unit (PSU) in the National Security Division for clearance "adjudication".

It's basically a final review of your package for security clearance purposes.
    presumably once that final review is satisfactorily completed, and you've passed the 45 day pft, and your critical skill is on the list, and there's a nat class date open, you get the call. whole lot of ifs - good luck to everyone in the process!

Good place to start anew.
    ret.

Ok, all here is an updated list of everyone done with or in the middle of BI stage, and waiting for that "CALL" to Quantico.

Let me know if I left anyone out.

Updated List 3/22/06
    ------------------
    TwinturboNoy
    SAWannabe <--- 3/20 NAT CLASS
    TroubleT-roy<-- 2/20 NAT CLASS
    Trek
    virginagal
    Raider <------ 2/6 NAT CLASS
    bike123 <----- 3/20 NAT CLASS
    PyroGirl
    GoodSpeed <----------4/17 NAT CLASS
    jojo286
    fmrmpa
    DeadMoneyFBI <---2/20 NAT CLASS
    Court123
    fsualum
    ktjackson
    O.D
    ousmc
    Wardawg <----2/20 NAT CLASS
    Boater54 <---- 3/20 NAT CLASS
    Ricco
    Mark350z
    LongShanks
    CPARVA

Hopefully I can add myself to that list after monday. I have my retake of the PFT.

Good luck to all!

good luck veitcha

let us know how you do!!!

What event caused you to fail lst time?

M-350

Ill join in.

I have been watching this board and list for a long time but not really posting. I have gotten the call for Phase II now so i guess ill throw my time line into the mix.
    What is the pass rate for phase 2? Im sure this is impossible to tell but im just looking for impressions, ball parks. any body take it and know basically how your group did? 80% pass 20% pass?
    Thanks guys.

my group...

had 5 people from my FO - 3 passed, of which 2 of us passed the PFT 5 days later.

Quote Originally Posted by mark350z
    let us know how you do!!!

What event caused you to fail lst time?

M-350

A few things, first the fact that it was Jan 4th right after the holidays wasn't a good start. Not a deal killer, but not helping. Second, I had spent the past 8-10 weeks in Physical Therapy, I had rotator cuff repair a year earlyer and recently had to go back for some strength work. I could barely get 30 pushups when they said I was fine. Somehow it didnt fully click that I needed closer to 40 + doing well in all the other events.

In summerary, it was a bad combination of not being in shape, and getting some of my form corrected the day of the test.

Things are shaping up, my test scores at the gym are between 15-18 (bad day/ good day).

I'll be sure to post how I did (good or bad).

Hook'em Guest
    From all of the threads I've read regarding the FBI process, I haven't read much about PFT recerts. It seems like everyone in the DEA recertifies their PTT before going to Quantico but do FBI applicants do the same? Does this mean that most FBI applicants get class dates within 45 days of their PFT???

I'll update my timeline as I now have Phase II scheduled as well.

Timeline:
    12/30/05 - Applied online
    1/06 - Selected for Phase I
    2/06 - Phase I
    3/06 - Passed Phase I
    3/06 - Selected for Phase II
    3/06 - Submitted SF-86
    3/06 - Phase II prep session
    Phase II in less than two weeks

Hopefully I'll get to join you guys in the BI phase before long. Keep working hard!

Hook'em

New FBI policy

is that the pre Quantico PFT has to be taken no more 45 days before your class date. Any more than 45 days and you will have to take the PFT again.

Cheers,
    M-350

Hey Lil' Rhody

good luck with the PFT on Monday.

hopefully you'll pass, and that'll make 5 of us who've passed the 45 day PFT this month, at least by my count:
    TwinturboNoy
    Trek
    jojo286
    fmrmpa
    veitcha (fingers crossed)

anyone i left out, speak up. Goodspeed and engrgirl8422 would've been there too but they're already on the high road. i've gotta admit, i'm a little disappointed a few more of us didn't hear anything this week. oh well, that's the way the cookie crumbles. i would speculate about critical skills, except i don't even know what my own is (i vaguely fit a few of the categories). good luck to everyone in the process. have a good weekend and enjoy some great college hoops!

go shockers!

Phase II Scheduled

Hi everyone,
    I got a call last week that I am also going to Phase II. I was in the military, so my timeline is skewed. I go to Phase II next week.

Phase I: June 2004 (passed)
    SF-86 and other paperwork: August 2004
    Phase II: March 2006

Critical Skill: Military Intelligence / Counterintelligence

Just a quick question since I am new to the mix, what can I expect after Phase II in terms of PFT, Poly, BI, etc. timeline wise? Like I said, it's been almost 2 years since I passed Phase I, so I'm not in any rush. Just wanted to know how the timeline worked. Thanks.

Italoman

Strider124 Guest

For anyone who thinks the FBI process is slow ...

I got my Phase 1 results in my mailbox 72 hrs after completing the exam. I was blown away, not even expecting anything until next week at the earliest. My wife usually gets the mail, but happened to forget that day, so I got to open the envelope all by myself.

The best news is that I passed! I realize that there is still plenty of waiting in my future but just thought I'd share something that I found pretty remarkable.

Congrats on passing Phase I. Hopefully you have not jinxed yourself for the rest of your trip. The slow down that people usually refer to is in the waiting between phases, and waiting during the background and "the call".

Keep us informed, you can now start your timeline.

LOL -- just sit back and in a couple of months let us know how "fast" things are going. Just lile the song, "you ain't seen nothing yet."
    Pray as if everything depends upon God; Act as if everything depends upon you!