Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Anybody collect/trade 1:43 scale patrol cars?

I've never been a collector, but these have peaked my interest lately.
    Gonzo

"You're about as useful as a poopy flavored lollipop!" - Patches O'Houlihan

I should switch to 1:43. If I get another 1:18 for the office my wife is gonna skin me.
    Every artist is a cannibal, every poet is a thief
    All kill their inspiration, and sing about their grief

I used to collect Road Champs patrol cars, years ago. I have a couple of boxes of them stored somewhere.

I started to pick up the state police cars for every state, but my interest waned and it became hard to find them in the stores. There's probably a website dedicated to this sort of thing, but I ever went that far with it.
    "I don't want to know who you use, as long as they're not complete muppets."

The road champs were takin off the market several years ago. You can find several companies that make them and some departments that do sell them.

I collectsome just to collect, nothing in particular.
    "Last week I stated that this woman was the ugliest woman I had ever seen. I have since been visited by her sister and now wish to withdraw that statement. "
    -Mark Twain-

There are some people out there that will custom make one for your agency. Usually it just requires some clear digital pics of the car you want replicated. I've seen a few done that way and they usually turn out well.
    "I don't want to know who you use, as long as they're not complete muppets."

I use to collect road champs 1/43 scale, I believe I have approx 300 or so, check evers toy store they sell them pretty cheap and are online

I just got one for my birthday in march. It's really cool. Most definitely will not come out
    of the box though, I think only 1000 were made. It’s a Davenport, Iowa patrol car. It’s
    the city in which I live, and hopefully in a few years I’ll have a job here too! We have
    black patrol cars, but there’s a rumor that they might switch back to white.

I collect all scales of police cars from 1/87 HO to 1/18..

I also custom make my own...
    "If you think you can you will. If you think you can't you won't!" MSP Academy

"Sometimes doing the right thing is always doing the right thing!" SWAT Capt. Fuller

Road Champs + Ebay = baaaddddddddddddd

my wife made me move my collection to the office

Gonzo.... when is your intrest not peaked? You must have 60 collections of "interesting stuff"!

icon31.gif

Thread closed.
    "There is no second place winner"-- Bill Jordan