Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

age waiver for fed p&p?

Hey all,
    Do they offer an age waiver if you have hit 37 to work as a fed p.o. , if you already are a federal employee such as Customs? Thanks.

Unknown specifically for U.S. Probation, but in general if you are in a non-6(c) federal position and are over age 37 (and don't have any creditable 6(c) time), waivers are not given when applying for a 6(c) position.

An option you could look into is Border Patrol. I believe they are offering waivers up to the age of 40. If I'm wrong someone please correct me.

I believe the only Fed uniformed police positions in the Gov. that are 6c covered are US capitol Police, US Park Police, and USSS UD. All other Fed Police positions are non-LEO positions and cannot be credible in transferring to a covered position after the age of 37. Customs Inspectors(CBP Officers now) are not covered under the LEO Retirement system.
    Last edited by NYFedLeo; 04-17-2006 at 17:03.

Quote Originally Posted by NYFedLeo
    I believe the only Fed uniformed police positions in the Gov. that are 6c covered are US capitol Police, US Park Police, and USSS UD. All other Fed Police positions are non-LEO positions and cannot be credible in transferring to a covered position after the age of 37.
    I think finaljustice is talking about U.S. Probation and Pretrial Services, U.S. Probation Officer (PO), not police officer.

As discussed in the Border Patrol thread, it isn't likely that another 6(c) covered agency is going to honor the waiver the Border Patrol gives out. Or in other words, getting on with the USBP after age 37 will not "Stop the Clock" for other 6(c) covered positions.

thanks ya'll

Yea, thanks, I recieved the 'bad' news, no waiver for those of us "right on the edge 36/37, it sucks! but, thankful to have a federal job.