Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Charleston, SC County Sheriff

Does anyone know if Charleston County SO issues take home cars to its deputys?

Just out of curiosity, if the Sheriff's office has take home cars and the police department doesn't, does that mean that you will only apply to the sheriffs office? Charleston does seem like a great place to live and work though.

Benefit

Un-benounced to some, having a take home unit is a benefit. With gas prices the way they are these days, having a take home squad is more of a benefit than most think, plus, you will take care of the car better because in essence it is "yours". The county I live in here in Wisconsin, the officers get to pick the color of their squad and have their equipment installed the way they want it. Just my 2 cents worth.

I think what Papper was saying is that there are a whole lot more factors to consider when joining ANY agency besides the opportunity for a take home car. You have to weigh the entire options package.
    "The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in the moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." -- Martin Luther King
    "Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me."