Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Thread: NCIS Badge

NCIS Badge

Ok, I know there are threads out here that give conflicting info on who carries this badge, but here it is. Who does actually carry the below badge?http://badges.net On the G R Davis Badge site, badges.net, they have the Silver NCIS "Agent" Badge.

I actually carried that badge a long time ago. When I joined NCIS, I was not scheduled to go to FLETC for another three months. While waiting to go, they put me to work, carrying that badge. After graduation from FLETC/NCIS basic course, I was issued the gold one with "Special Agent". Thanks for the memory.

Quote Originally Posted by watercop View Post
    Ok, I know there are threads out here that give conflicting info on who carries this badge, but here it is. Who does actually carry the below badge?http://badges.net On the G R Davis Badge site, badges.net, they have the Silver NCIS "Agent" Badge.
    I can tell you with 100% certainty, that the Agents who carry the Silver NCIS "Agent" badge are Reserve NCIS Agents. Although all of the "regular" (full time) NCIS Agents are civilian 1811's, NCIS has 5 reserve units around the country. There are approximately 125 - 150 military Reserve Agents in these NCIS reserve units. I know, I was one for about 17 years and I've got my silver NCIS Agent badge displayed proudly in my retired shadow box.
    Professor ICE

Quote Originally Posted by Professor ICE View Post
    I can tell you with 100% certainty, that the Agents who carry the Silver NCIS "Agent" badge are Reserve NCIS Agents. Although all of the "regular" (full time) NCIS Agents are civilian 1811's, NCIS has 5 reserve units around the country. There are approximately 125 - 150 military Reserve Agents in these NCIS reserve units. I know, I was one for about 17 years and I've got my silver NCIS Agent badge displayed proudly in my retired shadow box.
    Also, unless it has changed recently, I believe the handful of 1810 Investigators (and possibly some other non-1811 personnel) that NCIS employs also carry the silver "agent" badge, vice the gold "special agent" one. If I remember correctly it is also the approved badge for new agents who have not been through the academy, as cbsnbc mentioned, although I have known new NCIS agents who were issued regular badges right away.

NCIS Badges

Thank you for the information. From the very knowledgable information from the above, I finally have the final explanation on this.

Actually, I was told the 1810 investigators were issued a silver badge that said "Investigator". One of my old bosses still has hers, and showed it to me one day (after she found out I collected badges). She showed me something that said there were three NCIS badges (Special Agent, Agent, & Investigator). She was shocked when I showed her a 4th... the NCIS millennium commemorative badge.