Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Thread: Shooting

Shooting

Well in the history of my department, we had our first fatal shooting the other night. Fellow Officers were forced to fire on a fugitive they had been tracking down after he ran a fellow Officer (and very good friend of mine) down with his pick up truck. Fortunately, all the good guys were okay (only bumps bruises and concussions) and the bad guy well he'll have a very hard time recovering from his injuries.

Going to be a long road for these Officers but at least they are alive to talk about it.

Please keep our fellow Officers in mind!

Thanks,

Methos_tj
    "We will not rise to the occasion...we will only sink to our level of training." Grossman On Combat

Glad the officers are ok. Nothing more stressful than having to discharge your weapon, in the line of duty. Keep that gun clean, be safe and watch your six..

Tell you guys that they are in our thoughts and prayers. Having been there myself I know what's coming. Tell them it will get better, it might take awhile but it will. Good luck.---
    A man went across the country looking for America...
    And couldn't find it anywhere.

You and your department are in my prayers.

Thanks for all the responses. Spent a few hours with the Officers last night just hanging out. They seem in good spirits and ready to take on what ever’s coming their way. IMO They'll come out of all this 100% fine (department wise) and hopefully our agency will smell the coffee and implement some positive changes.

Thanks again,
    Methos
    "We will not rise to the occasion...we will only sink to our level of training." Grossman On Combat

methos_tj, by posting you may be the only person smelling the java brewing. Hard fact of life is that organizations only recognize needs when they have them. We all wish you and your brothers and sisters the best, but whatever motivated you to post; I want to encourage you to be a standard bearer. There are great peer support and post trauma programs in agencies around the country. The Feds are increasingly on board with this. Don't care whether you make a call to any of the alphabet soup but FBI, DEA, USSS and ATF shine in this area and if you PM I will hook you up with someone from ATF. If your agency has no history of need, which is actually good, it does now. Finding out on your own how agencies have set up programs, what it takes and how it is done maybe little in response to the current incident but it's day will come. Knowing somebody who can help your department get started is something you may not be able to do much with right at the moment, but its day or yours to get it going are coming.
    ret.

ATF,

thank you...sent you a PM

well said

Good Post ATF SAC - and completely true.
    I'm am glad you spoke up completely forthright.

methos-tj - good luck to you and the officers in your service.

ame