Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Passed USBP 7th Month

I have not posted here in a while. I took my Spanish boards yesterday and passed. For a non-nativo, the stress over the past weeks was rough. I love this job and had trouble dealing with the idea that it could be all gone in an hour.

For those interested in the BP, it is a GREAT job. It is challenging though, especially if you no hable espanol. It will be a continuous struggle for me but I am glad I am here.

congrats!!
    Greetings. This is not God, This is his close friend Officer Boscorelli. Please pull over - Bosco

Congratulations Schoolboy, I am currently awaiting the call, as I have my 60 DL... do you know if there is any truth to the rumor that the 7 and 10 month exams will be gone soon? Again congratulations and hopefully I will be in the same boat you are soon!!!
    An Eye For An Eye Makes Us All Blind. ~ GHANDI

7&10 are gone after Oct. 1st

For classes that EOD after Oct. 1 the 7 & 10 will be done away with.

Quote Originally Posted by H. Schoolboy View Post
    Its all downhill from there. They are really pushing the keep more people thing. A word of caution though for classes after Oct. 1, the instructors will try that much harder to get rid of those who do not belong while they are still at the academy because the fail safe (well safish) plan is not there anymore.
    MiamiBP

Quote Originally Posted by H. Schoolboy View Post
    Wow, the BP does seem to be softening up on some stuff. Hopefully as another poster mentioned they will address it during academy by weeding out the less committed candidates.

Anyway, congrats H!
    I conclude that no circumstances exist that would permit Congress, in contravention of the Constitution's Bill of Attainder Clause, to prohibit non-registered males age twenty-six and older from federal employment for their lifetime without judicial decision making - U.S. District Judge Douglas P. Woodlock; Jan 26, 2009

Sorry a little off topic but I didn't think it warranted a new thread...does BP have a folder knife standard issue? A buddy of mine came back from a Guard activation working the border in AZ I believe. He had nothing but great things to say about BP. He also had a very nice (and very sharp ) laser engraved BP folding knife...had the BP badge and title on the handle and I think a badge on the blade too...

sorry again I was curious
    "We will not rise to the occasion...we will only sink to our level of training." Grossman On Combat

Quote Originally Posted by methos_tj View Post
    Sorry a little off topic but I didn't think it warranted a new thread...does BP have a folder knife standard issue? A buddy of mine came back from a Guard activation working the border in AZ I believe. He had nothing but great things to say about BP. He also had a very nice (and very sharp ) laser engraved BP folding knife...had the BP badge and title on the handle and I think a badge on the blade too...

You are not issued a knife and there are some policies regarding their carry; however, I am not a d-tac instructor and I could not tell you what they are. Although, most agents carry some sort of pocket knife with them. The knife you are referring to is one that is available for purchase. I am pretty sure that they are spyderco. Usually, the Welfare & Rec sells knives of all variety, except usually kitchen but maybe that is a new marketing strategy . Very nice knife but by no means are they issued. At least not in any sectors I have worked in.
    MiamiBP

Quote Originally Posted by methos_tj View Post

No issued knife at my station. Everyone has something different. Most have at least a folder. I have never seen any real rules. My station is lax when it comes to stuff like this.

Thanks for the ongrats from everyone. The euphoria has alreay worn off and now I am worried about the 10 month, but that's the point.

Congrats dude! You definatly deserve it, what station you out of again? Keep it up and stay safe out there.