Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Army Reserve CID

Does anyone know if Army CID is still looking for people. Can I tranfer from the Army Guard to the reserve and apply for CID, or can I apply as a member of the Natl. Guard. Any info is greatly appreciated.

If you go on usa jobs there are a few openings for army cid in various locations

Quote Originally Posted by Odin 6711 View Post
    Does anyone know if Army CID is still looking for people. Can I tranfer from the Army Guard to the reserve and apply for CID, or can I apply as a member of the Natl. Guard. Any info is greatly appreciated.
    This comes from their website:

- Currently serving in the U.S. Army, Active or Reserve, for at least two years
    - U.S. citizenship
    - No record of psychological or pathological personality disorders
    - No record of unsatisfactory credit
    - Suitable character established by a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) leading to a Top Secret clearance
    - No civil court or court martial convictions
    - Physical profile 222221 or higher, normal color vision
    - ST score of 110 or higher. ST 107 if tested on or after 2 January 2002
    - Ability to speak and write clearly
    - Minimum age of 21 with at least two years of military experience but not more than 10
    - 2 years of college or at least 60 semester credit hours - may be waived to 30 semester hours provided applicant is otherwise qualified
    - Maximum grade of E-6 Staff Sergeant (non-promotable) minimum grade of E-5 Sergeant.
    - 60 months of service obligation upon completion of the apprentice special agent course
    - Prefer Soldiers with civilian or military law enforcement experience

For additional information, contact the nearest Reserve or National Guard CID office or call 703-806-0355.

CID is still looking for people. The problem for you is that your National Guard. You can transfer over if your Command lets you. A couple of people have been trying to get into my unit from the National Guard and the Guard is giving them problems. I suggest that you RST with a CID Unit and speak with the Operations Officer to get the ball rolling.

FYI....there are CID Detachments within the Guards and Reserves......

If you go to their website and look under "Unit Locator" (tab off to the let side of the page) then select the "Reserve" tab.....it will pull all the NG/Reserve units up....with location and contact numbers....

Army Reserve CID

Thanks for the info everyone. Its greatly appreciated.

SPLD 41 I spoke today with someone in USAR CID in FT Dix,NJ which is the closest unit to me and he asked me to EMail him my quals. I doubt though that my Guard unit will release me to pursue CID, but I'll try.