Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

State Police Academies

I am going to be starting a state police academy soon. I am wondering how "physically fit" they expect you to be on your first day (sit ups, push ups, running).

And just curious, what is the most push ups anyone has been given to do at one time in an academy?

Thanks for your help.

The better shape you are in, the easier it will be. Since I don't know which state, it's hard to tell you what to expect. Don't expect to "get in shape" while you are there. It would happen, but most likely an injury or stress will send you packing first.

You want to be in the best shape possible, by being in the best shape possible you will be able to remove some of that stress from your daily routine. But you never be in good enough shape.

As Mo Trooper said, if you wait to get into shape there you will probably end up getting hurt and having to leave the acadmey.

Goos luck
    Take care,

Harold

pushups

And just curious, what is the most push ups anyone has been given to do at one time in an academy?

Thanks for your help.[/QUOTE]

How many pushups can you do between the hours of 6am and 10pm? thats the answer to your question

Physical Fitness at the Academy

I have only been to 1 Patrol School, and based on my experience if you are in decent shape and are mentally prepared your experience will be challenging but not impossible. Provided you do graduate you will be in the best shape of you life, short of the Olympics.

Do not think that the only time you will do push-ups and the other assorted exercises is during physical fitness time.

Good Luck.