Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    sawannabe Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by aceattorney View Post
    How goes it, sawannabe? I too have been feeling a little down on myself for my lack of speed and endurance. Problem is, I think my attitude is even affecting my situp and pushup performance. It's a little unnerving, to be honest.

I know I'm <THIS> close to getting the minimums in running times, but I want to be comfortably passing. Maybe I'm not pushing myself hard enough? On the other hand, I've now had to deal with TWO bouts with tendonitis in the past 4 months.
    its going ace, how are you doing

i hired a running coach about a month ago now and i have been running four days a week with one day for intervals. I did 3x300m sprints this past Friday and that was tough. this week i'm supposed to run four days before I meet with the coach on Friday to do 5x300m.

i am definitely getting better at it. i have stopped lifting weights at the gym and for the last one week now and i'm just doing situps, crunches, push ups and various core exercises every other day. i want to give at least 24 hour rest in between work outs.

my FO is giving the next PFT on december 20 and I want to pass it so i can move on with the process

later.......

Howdy SAW, just checking with with ya...took a semi-mock test today. Did my running on the streets using runningmap.com to determine distance. Accordingly, I passed, but the distances are by no means accurate, hence, my performance wasn't accurately determined.

The good news is that I tried not maxing out in my situps and pushups, and it seems like that helped with my recovery and performance for the runs. As for whether I'll take the PFT on Dec 20/21...I'll have to take a real mock to find out.
    Fidelity, Bravery, Integrity

sawannabe Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by aceattorney View Post
    Howdy SAW, just checking with with ya...took a semi-mock test today. Did my running on the streets using runningmap.com to determine distance. Accordingly, I passed, but the distances are by no means accurate, hence, my performance wasn't accurately determined.

The good news is that I tried not maxing out in my situps and pushups, and it seems like that helped with my recovery and performance for the runs. As for whether I'll take the PFT on Dec 20/21...I'll have to take a real mock to find out.
    hi ace,

I have been training for speed these days by doing sprints. but every time I do sprints, they kill me. this past friday I was able to do only 3x200m and then my quad was shot. today I am supposed to do 300m sprints, as many as I can. I haven't done a mock test, I guess I need to do soon. I will have to pass the mock test before I sign up for the next one that is on dec. 20.

keep PTing

Plenty of opportunities to discuss fitness and running in other more appropriate forums. Since the last few posts are just reopening a thread after a few weeks of non activity and are off topic for this forum, I'm closing it.
    ret.