Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

NYPD We Own the Night Patch

Just saw the movie and was wondering if anyone sells the NYPD patch? Theres one they show in the beginning of the film that is pretty cool. PM me if anyone has info.
    Thanks
    You can stand me up at the gates of hell but I won't back down... Tom Petty

From this day to the ending of the world.... We in it shall be remembered. We gallant few, we band of brothers. For he today that sheds his blood with me. Shall be my brother.Shakespeare

I haven't seen the movie, but I believe that it's the old street crime unit patch (with the old lady w/ cane).

1) They are no longer made.

2) They were not department issued!

3) If you find one, it will be from a guy or gal who was in the unit and saved it from years ago.

Guess I'm out of luck. Thanks Joey.
    You can stand me up at the gates of hell but I won't back down... Tom Petty

From this day to the ending of the world.... We in it shall be remembered. We gallant few, we band of brothers. For he today that sheds his blood with me. Shall be my brother.Shakespeare

Or try a repro place. Real tough to come by.

Keep an eye out on ebay as you can generally get a repo on there.
    "Last week I stated that this woman was the ugliest woman I had ever seen. I have since been visited by her sister and now wish to withdraw that statement. "
    -Mark Twain-

on a side note, the manhattan north task force building has a mural of the old SCU logo. i have to get my buddy to snap and send a photo of it to me.

Send me a PM -- I think I still have a couple of the old SCU patches --

That's the patch design -- spent many a night on good 'ole Randalls Island, prepping to go out and "own the night". --100% the most action packed, adreniline pumping unit that there ever was on this job. Times changed and the city had to change with the times (politics) and dismantle the unit. SCU tactics don't fit into todays politically correct world.

Quote Originally Posted by papimike View Post
    That's the patch design -- spent many a night on good 'ole Randalls Island, prepping to go out and "own the night". --100% the most action packed, adreniline pumping unit that there ever was on this job. Times changed and the city had to change with the times (politics) and dismantle the unit. SCU tactics don't fit into todays politically correct world.
    I think teh old stakeout squad saw more "action." Highest percent of shootouts in city reorcds.

Have you tried EBAY? I just looked and they do not have anything from NYPD. They have items from the movie and military patches.
    Last edited by TheGreatGonzo; 12-10-2007 at 21:55. Reason: Link removed per board rules.

Those would be some good records to check. The stakeout squad had a ton of shootings, most ending with perps killed. But, SCU has always had more members and I have to tell ya, everynight we had at least 2 car pursuits or foot pursuits all involving perps with guns. Not taking away from the Stakeout guys but they could sit in the back of a store for days on end until perps rolled in to rob the place. In SCU it was action every night -- when I say action I'm not referring to just shootings. SCU was a unit with a handful of cops that made more gun collars yearly than the rest of the entire dept, Heck, here were great cops in both units. No competition.